cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davedrizen
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Re software update dely

Please could some one confirm the Delay in the Youview software update only applys to humax Youview box  suppled by bt vision and youview box that have been purchased is a store ( argos currys ect) and should  be able to update now, and this will apply to all future updates.

The reason of asking is that though I am bt broadband customer I am not bt vision subscriber. I purchased my youview box from a store paying full cost and there expect to get all softeware updates when they are released by  youview / humax.

if there will be a delay each time because I am using a bt router, I may consider changing my broadband suppler.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 18

Re: Re software update dely

There shouldn't be a delay, especially of not a bt youview customer. If it is delayed because you are on bt then imo this means you are at the mercy of bt, which as its not their equipment they should not be blocking the updates.
0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 18

Easy way to test this, if you have a friend who is on another provider, take the box to their place, plug it in and try the manual update. If it updates, then there is an issue with BT blocking updates to the box.
0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 18

@SRB wrote:
Easy way to test this, if you have a friend who is on another provider, take the box to their place, plug it in and try the manual update. If it updates, then there is an issue with BT blocking updates to the box.

The update process is likely to be linked to the serial numbers of the box, so doing this will make no difference.

0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 18

"The reason of asking is that though I am bt broadband customer I am not bt vision subscriber.... if there will be a delay each time because I am using a bt router, I may consider changing my broadband suppler."

Would answer the original question though.
0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 18

@SRB wrote:
"The reason of asking is that though I am bt broadband customer I am not bt vision subscriber.... if there will be a delay each time because I am using a bt router, I may consider changing my broadband suppler."

Would answer the original question though.

BT have already said they are not holding back the update. YouView have said they are still rolling out the update to owners of retail boxes and the BT update has only started today, so there is no need to panic, just wait.

0 Ratings
TheBlade
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

@drhowells wrote:
BT have already said they are not holding back the update. YouView have said they are still rolling out the update to owners of retail boxes and the BT update has only started today, so there is no need to panic, just wait.

Has it started today? I don't beleive anyone has confirmed that they have received the update yet?

0 Ratings
anotherjohnh
Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Updated here.

probably 03:00 this morning - that's when some other humax boxes check.

worthwhile/essential for me are:

Sound is up on restarting playback straight away (instead of a second or two mute).

Folders for multi-episode

skip forward and back.

0 Ratings
wwwebber
Contributor
Message 9 of 18

I love how people are getting irate and overreact when they don't receive software updates according to thier own personal deadlines. Chill, you'll get the update.

"Sound is up on restarting playback straight away (instead of a second or two mute)."

This is good - probably the only issue I have with Youview right now.

0 Ratings
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 18

"I love how people are getting irate and overreact when they don't receive software updates according to thier own personal deadlines. Chill, you'll get the update."

Nought to do with personal deadlines, I'm paying BT a monthly sub, I've had Vision for years and was used to having surround sound on their movies, I'd also quite like it on the BBC HD channels. I ended up moving to YouView because BT couldn't give me any info on the roll out of DTT HD capable boxes or give me a timescale for my silver vision box being replaced with a black one running the new Vision s/w, which may or may not stream the channels live.

0 Ratings