Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Reboot of YouView when changing channel

Go to solution

Hello all,

i am trying to isloate an issue which happens using with the AV receiver or my YouView box, in the faint hope someone else might have this particular issue.

Basically, when I change the channel,  the signal seems to drop to TV (no picture) via the AV box (in this case a new Marantz 1510. It is especially worse when i change between a Freeview Channel and an internet one (ie BT sport Ultimate). I use an HDMI  (premium certified) to the AV unit from the BT YouView Box.

Of course, Matartz has said it is the BT box.

This does not occur if i plug the BT box direct to the TV, and use an optical lead to the AV unit and HDMI to the TV. But then i get a very bad case of AV lip-synch which can not be cured no matter how much I fiddle with the TV, AV or BT box.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Reboot of YouView when changing channel

Go to solution

Hi @Caher 

Not sure the current thread title  is going to attract the audience that might assist.

Just for clarity can I check that your Youview box itself is NOT restarting /rebooting itself when you change channels on your Youview box using your Youview remote or Youview set top box buttons

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
First thing I would suggest trying is making sure CEC is turned off on the AV amp.
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Gosh - that seems to have worked!

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Good Oh!
CEC is the spawn of the devil usually causing more problems than it solves. I use a Harmony remote control instead for co-ordinating control of TV, amp and PVR etc though I recently found that CEC is useful for basic control of my Chromecast dongle (Play / Pause / Stop) with the remote rather than reaching for the tablet or laptop.