cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Recorded BT sport pixelating badly

Go to solution

@donmaico 

Have you tried resetting both the adapters as per the instructions that came with them?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

yup that seems to have worked  although I had it reset it twice because the first time I did it without it being connected to the Youview box ( I tried a different mains socket due to access hassles) and the second time with it connected, and it seems fine now, although I'll wait to see how a recorded programme comes out before making a final judgement. Any many thanks for the advice

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

@donmaico 

Obviously any recorded programme before the reset will be affected, only new ones will show whether it's worked OK.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

yes i noticed one remained  affected but the one i made since seems fine

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

I have to report that the problem really hasn't gone away After i reset the extenders   BT sport seemed to work fine but that was only for one evening. The next day the same problem resurfaced, so I reset the extenders once again, but that produced the same results. I am now wondering whether the extenders are faulty, but that does not explain why Netflix and the on-demand channels work fine. I wouldn't replace the extenders with similar, as I find the WiFi strength from the router adequate, so I would opt for adaptors instead. The question would then be which ones, BT's own 600 Mbps , 1000 Mbps or ones made by the likes of TP link?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

@donmaico 

BT Sport is delivered in a totally different way to NetFlix, PrimeVideo etc (called Multicast) in that it has no error handling hence the pixelation.

Normally data is sent to the receiver ,error checked and resent if errors occur. With BT Sport it's just blasted to the receiver and whether it was received OK is not checked and the next block sent and so on. More prone to error when sent wirelessly I would think.

That in very simplistic terms  explains the differences , I don't know enough to explain it in more detail anyway.

It would be worth trying adaptors - Powerline Adaptors - as these use the mains circuitry and generally do an adequate job. The BT ones should be fine and you should be able to get them for a discounted rate of maybe £20 or less direct from BT via the options team on 0800800030 or online chat. The 600Mbps are more than adequate.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

ok thanks, I have the Home Homespot 600 extenders but i get the feeling they are getting on a bit. The WIFI  aspect is no longer reliable and eve Netflix is now freezing halfway through a programme

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution
*Home Hotspot 600 extenders
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

@donmaico 

This is what you want unless you need to extend your wifi. These units are the ones BT recommend and will often supply for £20 or less through your MyBT or the options team or online chat. I got mine free via the chat facility.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution
thanks! I can get a pair of those on eBay for about £22/I can't see anything on My BT but I will try the chat facility
0 Ratings