cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Infowarrior
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Recorded programs ending before the end!!

I'm sick of programs not reaching the end and recording ending. The timing is all wrong on these boxes. When watching ufc for example the end fight the interview completely misses out due to the box stopping the recording. What good is this?
How can this be fixed?
Sky recordings never did this.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Recorded programs ending before the end!!

The first thing that is needed for this to be fixed is for the goons at BT/Youview to take their fingers out of their ears and going "La, la, la, ..." "! 😞
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Welcome to the world of Youview where the word 'padding' doesn't exist.

0 Ratings
Infowarrior
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

I guess this don't get fixed huh?
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

It's been probably the biggest complaint about the service since it launched so hardly likely they'll start listening now.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 6 of 11

Sky boxes do miss the end as I've had many recordings miss the end when I had a sky box.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Alan-Brazil
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Had BT for 12 months, sky for almost 20 years(two spells). Only on BT/YouView have i ever missed the end of a recording.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

I have to admit I never had the problem when I was with Sky. I don't know if their newer boxes allow for padding but I always set my Plus box to 2 minutes either side. Their boxes managed late schedule changes much better, with Youview if the recording has already started and the schedule then changes (added time at the end) the box will still only record the original timeframe as it appeared on the epg, they don't add the change on to the recording. Another bugbear is when the programme is dropped and rescheduled, the Plus box would have changed the recording accordingly but with Youview it just disappears with no attempt to reschedule.

0 Ratings
dave11a
Message 9 of 11

I have just signed up to BT YouView and thought it was good to start with but now sick of it. I have a freeview recorder that I disconnected when I fitted the new you view box, that always recorded the whole programs never missing the end of anything now with the BT YouView box recordings are useless on nearly everything I record on several channels the end of the program is missing. 

Why hasn't this been sorted after such a long time and why DIDN'T I read this forum before signing up to a 12 month contract! !!!!!

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 10 of 11

There are advantages too, my Sky HD would add up to 5 minutes to the start and end of each recording, which meant a lot of extra FFWD'ing and  wasted disk space. I don't watch the BT sports stuff much but I've not had any seriously cut off recordings in ages now.

0 Ratings