Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calumm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Recording BT Sport with second hand BT YouView+ box

Go to solution

I've got a BT YouView box (the basic one which doesn't record).

I've just signed up to BT Sport HD.

If I buy a second hand BT YouView+ box (or a BT YouView+ Ultra HD box), and use it as my sole BT box (instead of the basic box), will I be able to record BT Sport HD on it?

Thanks - Calum

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Recording BT Sport with second hand BT YouView+ box

Go to solution

I'm pretty sure you'll need to have a BT TV contract that includes BT Sport to be able to record the subscription channels. Taking out such a contract will get you a recording BT Youview box.

0 Ratings
calumm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I've got "BT TV Starter", which comes with only the basic box (no recording). I've also got BT Sport HD. My package does not come with the BT YouView+ box (recording box).

So I already have the relevant BT Sport channels. I'm wondering if I can buy a second hand BT YouView+ box and record the BT Sport channels with that.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Yes if you receive the channel on a  non recordable Youview box you should be able to record it with  a  recordable Youview+ box. 

0 Ratings
calumm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
BT actually told me that I wouldn't be able to record with a second-hand box - only with one that I got from them.
However, I now have a second-hand box, and I can confirm that I can successfully record BT Sport with it.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @calumm,

I am happy to hear that it's working for you. There should be no limitations in place to prevent it from working. We can only guarantee that the recordable boxes that we provide to you, as part of your BT TV contract, will record. If there are any issues we would raise a fault and provide support. However; if you had issues recording on the box you bought elsewhere we won't be able to provide support for it. The support we'd offer would be based on the non-recordable box.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings