Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobblehat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Recording Eurosport on YouView

Go to solution

We’ve had our YouView box for a good few years, and prior to the rejig of packages, we had the Entertainment package (I think) which allowed access to Eurosport, as well as BT Sport. When we had to change packages last year we lost Eurosport. On the box we had recorded a few programmes from that channel, but were unable to play them, getting the error “IPC6041 Recording is unavailable”.

I’ve seen on other posts, that’s because it is no longer available as the channel was no longer part of my current package.

The package I have now, is Big Sport, which has recently added Eurosport into that package. I still cannot play those old recordings, is that to be expected?

Secondly, I can record BT Sport or Sky Sports channels, but not Eurosport. I get the same message as above. Is the presence of the old Eurosport recordings preventing new Eurosport recordings? I assume that as I’m not on the same package as before, I’m  not going to get access to those old recordings? Just to clarify, I can watch Eurosport channels without issue.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: Recording Eurosport on YouView

Go to solution

Hi @Bobblehat 

Curious as if you can view the channel live then you should be able to record it ?

Is this an issue on the SD 412/413 channels or the HD 435/436 channels or both.

Have you just moved onto the Big Sport package ?

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Are you relying on scheduled recordings set before the change of package?
If so, the box will still be trying to record the channels you no longer have.

You need to reschedule recording on the 'new' Eurosport channels  you now have.

Richard

0 Ratings
Bobblehat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

It happens to both 412 and 413.  We don't have the HD package. We moved to the Big Sport package in December from the Entertainment package. Was told at the time that Eurosport "could go at any time" from the package we had. I went and got Amazon Prime and Eurosport Player so we could still get their content. Then BT added the channels to Big Sport, so won't be renewing the Eurosport player if I can get this working.  

0 Ratings
Bobblehat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

No, we are making new recordings through the programme planner since we got the new package. Sky and BT Sport work. Even if you do the OTR when watching the channel, you see the message at the top  of the screen to say "programme recording", but when you go back to it, you get the "Recording Not Available". 

Really just wondering if I need to delete all the old recordings first as if their presence is somehow freaking it. Looks like I'm not going to be able to view them anyway, but just wanted to exhaust all options first. 

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

@Bobblehat  thanks for clarifying.

There probably two ways forwaard

1 You could try a maintenance mode  reset of the box (option 2 or 4) as described

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

or

2 you can await some advice from mods/tv expert (probably tomorrow)

0 Ratings
Bobblehat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks, that is a possibility. Didn't want to try something that is too disruptive. Might wait to see if mods can suggest anything else, as I've always the fear that a "reset" might be more disruptive than planned. Thanks again.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution
I also recently changed to the Big Sport package and as a check I have just tried starting a recording on Eurosport. It is recording and playing fine.
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @Bobblehat 

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry that you're having problems with your Eurosport recordings.  As the older programmes were recorded previously you won't be able to view these any longer I'm afraid. 

You shouldn't have any issue recording new content on the channel though.  Can you try again and let me know exactly what happens?  If you could even post a screenshot here that would be great.

Also, it may be worth restarting your Hub to see if that helps.  Post back and let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Bobblehat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Many thanks to @zulu17 @barnpiece @gomezz and @RobbieMac  for your help. I haven't had the chance to try it until this evening. 

All back working again. I took the advice @zulu17 said to perform a factory reset of the box, and I can now record Eurosport. What I wasn't expecting was being able to access the old recordings made under the old contract, but I can. 

Happy days! 

Thanks again. 

0 Ratings