Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 58

Re: Recording Sky Arts on Freeview on BT Box

Go to solution

I have a similar issue with the NowTV Channels except I find my box has a failed recording for something that I didn't actually set to record. Normally it's the same two programs from Sky Documentaries so it's definitely something that are or aren't doing with the data

0 Ratings
toller
Contributor
Message 22 of 58

Go to solution
As there are always a few minutes before and after programmes because of trailers, adverts etc , if I preset a programme than decide to press the Record button IMMEDIATELY after its conclusion a message appears saying that the programme is no longer being recorded. The programme then shows on My TV". On Sky Arts when I pressed the recording button at the beginning but not at the end it showed as "Recording Failed" I think its to do with the programme signal
0 Ratings
billwin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 58

Go to solution

Thanks Toller,

I think we are saying the same thing.

In summary the recording is starting ok and continuing through the whole programme.

If the recording is stopped manually by pressing Record then everything up to that point is saved and can be viewed normally.

If the recording is allowed to terminate due to the EPG end setting, something interferes with the recording causing a Failure flag.

This only happens on the sky arts channel. As far as I am aware.

0 Ratings
toller
Contributor
Message 24 of 58

Go to solution
That's right
barnpiece
Expert
Message 25 of 58

Go to solution

I have reported this to BT TV development and it is a known problem they are working on.

Don't hold your breath as it can take some time for things to be fixed!

Richard

0 Ratings
toller
Contributor
Message 26 of 58

Go to solution
So is it a teething problem as Sky Arts has just moved to Freeview? I suppose the best way to record is either to press the record button manually at the conclusion of a preset programme or record the whole programme manually.
0 Ratings
billwin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 58

Go to solution

For info, I just tried recording a couple of Sky Arts programmes on my Free sat box. The recordings are perfect.

0 Ratings
toller
Contributor
Message 28 of 58

Go to solution
Were they preset or recoded manually?
0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 29 of 58

Go to solution

I just did a preset recording on my (rather primitive) hard disk recording system on my TV and that recording is O.K. too. It does seem to be a problem with the BT TV software which they are working on.

Richard

0 Ratings
billwin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 58

Go to solution

First Freesat recording was manual start, auto end when programme finished, 2nd was set on the EPG. Both recorded fine.

0 Ratings