Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mazz71
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Recording issue on IP channels

Hi.

Last night while recording a tv programme on one of the IP channels, I decided to watch other....

The message on the screen said too many programmes recording. This wasn't the case.

I ended up having to watch a Freeview channel.

Does BT TV no longer allow recording of one IP channel while watching another?

If not, I think my box may be having an issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Recording issue on IP channels

Is the problem repeatable , ie if you attempted to record two channels simultaneously  you only need to do it for a few minutes. Does it work as you expect ?

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Mazz71 

I've had this a few times, was the recording the first in a series by any chance?

I've noticed that sometimes when I set a Series to record in HD, it also records the programme in SD as a one off. If you look at the Recordings and Scheduling via the STB, the SD recording isn't shown anywhere. If you look using the BT TV app then you can see the SD recording, that's how I came across the bug.

I think it can happen when you set recordings via the app, although I haven't validated it because I can't be bothered, it's just another of Youviews' inadequacies.

0 Ratings
Mazz71
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

Last night the message said that I was actually recording 2 IP channels. I was only recording 1 and trying to watch another IP channel.

I'll try to record to programmes tonight and report back.

I am right when I'm thinking that this issue doesn't seem right (ie. a problem with the box)?

Regards

MattJ

0 Ratings
Mazz71
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hi Andy.

Thanks for your reply.

I've  checked/looked for exactly what you've suggested.

No SD duplication etc. This programme is mid-series.

I don't use the BT TV app at the moment.

I've had issues viewing scheduled recordings and a box reset fixed that.

Is my box on the way-out I wonder?

Regards

MattJ

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

Strangely enough @Mazz71, I've just checked my scheduled recordings and I have actually told you wrong regarding SD/HD. The box records the same programme twice, in the same definition. I'll post a picture shortly but you'll only see if you're going to have the problem again if you use the app because it's only the app that shows all future recordings.

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

Yesterday I set recordings for Traces and Strike for Monday 10th on Alibi HD, Series Linked and added through the STB. If you look at the photo below you'll see that a one off recording has been added for both programmes. You won't see this one off recording when looking at the Scheduled Recordings on the STB, and when it has finished recording you'll only ever see the one recording.

Img_0081a.jpg

I knew that I'd had the problem a few times before but I couldn't remember much detail so apologies for telling you wrong earlier. Thanks for flagging it up though because it's highlighted that I've got some sorting out to do, again.

0 Ratings
Mazz71
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Thanks Andy.

I'll download the app and do some investigation.

Regards

MattJ

0 Ratings