cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Recording schedule problem

I was recording Channel 4 news at 7pm set as a series recording. It no longer records this despite having the record icon showing on the Guide. It will not allow me to cancel it, it just seems locked though it does not show in my Watch List . I want to cancel it so I can reset it to record. I have also recorded it at 8pm on 4+1,  I can cancel the 4+1 recording .

It seems corrupted and may have come about when I perhaps had a recording clashes message. Any idea how I can revert back to recording just the channel 4 news (I have tried powering down)

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Recording schedule problem

Hi @crunch 

Potentially you may need to perform some box   Maintenance mode factory resets to clear issue if there is corruption of your recording schedule.

However I would be inclined to try the following before embarking on that track.

First  if you attempt to schedule 2 further single recordings of programmes on other channels that are on at the same time as the 7pm channel 4 news programme what happens.

eg do you get a Too many recordings and does Channel 4 news appear as one of the listed recordings ? if not what do you actually see listed ?

Second I would be inclined to  do  2 retunes , the first with the aerial cable removed and the second with the aerial cable reinstated.

Good luck

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Thanks for the advice. Interesting, when I try to set up two more recordings it lets me do the first but then as you suggested it won't let me do the second without deleting another recording one of which is the news. Unfortunately when I select to cancel that it just goes back to the guide. What do you advise please?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Hi @crunch 

First can I check that you have tried a couple of restarts   

namely

• soft reset/reboot: touch/press the power/standby button on the front/top of the box for about 8 seconds until it starts a reboot.
  • power cycle: put the box in to standby, then turn it off completely at the back (or failing that the wall socket), wait about 20 seconds, now turn it back on and power it up.

If you have then I would suggest the retunes I mentioned previously in the thread , in case retuning clears the issue.

then the more significant resets are described in

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

you could of course contact the BT TV help but I suspect they would probably take you down the reset route.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Thanks. No luck with that so when you say above about retune you think it may be worth re-tuning the channels?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

@crunch 

Have you tried the Maintenance Mode resets (options 2 and 4 are the safe ones) yet.

If you have & these don't resolve your problem then it's likely that you've got a corrupted disk index and the only option then is to do an M M reset option 3 or 5 which are the nuclear options - they delete your recordings

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Thanks. How do I access Maintenance Mode? I have an oldish You View box and can't see it in settings.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Thanks  for your help. Oddly the problem recording dropped off my planner and it allowed me to set it up again. I thought all would be ok but it does not record it! I think I will have to do a factory reset, is there any problems with me doing that I have never had to?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

@crunch 

There are no problems in doing it , just that you'll lose all existing recordings.

However, try options 2 and/or 4 of a Maintenance Mode reset first. See this link for guidance.

If that fails then it's the nuclear option of 3 and/or 5 I'm afraid.

However, is it just a particular programme that's causing the issue & if so what is it. I could try on my box to see what happens.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Thanks I will give that a go.

0 Ratings