cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Recording scheduling oddities

Following a factory reset and a subsequent remote reboot by BT to try and solve my sound problem during live football, I have an odd recording scheduling problem.

I have Coronation Street on series record. If I try to schedule a recording on another channel at the same time as one of the Corrie episodes, nothing happens when I press the record button – no scheduling indication, no warning of too many programs scheduled. Scheduling a recording at any other time appears to work fine.

I noticed that next Monday where I have University Challenge scheduled, the record symbol is not showing against the Corrie episode at the same time of 8:30, although it is against the 7:30 episode.

Also, I’m sure that previously if I cancelled a scheduled series recording I was asked if I wanted to cancel the whole series or just that episode – now the series recording gets cancelled with no prompt.

Prior to the resets the box had been very reliable and I had no problems at all with recordings. Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: Recording scheduling oddities

@f1charlie Which Youview box are you using ?

Did you do a full factory reset that would have deleted existing recordings  or a  specific maintenance mode reset . If a maintenance mode reset which one?c

Do you use either the Youview or BT TV mobile apps. ? If so can you check the Scheduled recording list  on the app and see if the 8:30pm Corrie episode is listed .

(the last part of you post about deleting future  scheduled recordings is how Youview Next Gen functions  which is  different to the old classic YouView which  offered an option to delete individual Scheduled episodes of a series recording )

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

DTR-T1000 with Next Gen.  It was the factory reset retaining recordings (number 2).

I did have the YouView app on my old phone, but haven't bothered on my new one.  I'll install it and have a look.

I was sure I had seen the choice of deleting individual episodes in Next Gen, but my brain is Old Gen! Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

f1charlie wrote:

DTR-T1000 with Next Gen.  It was the factory reset retaining recordings (number 2).

I did have the YouView app on my old phone, but haven't bothered on my new one.  I'll install it and have a look.

I was sure I had seen the choice of deleting individual episodes in Next Gen, but my brain is Old Gen! Smiley Happy

@f1charlie

I don't think that the episode delete option has been there in NextGen at all.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

I had something similar with the rugby highlights yesterday lunchtime on BTS2. Could not set a recording for that showing but could for another showing later (watched using BT Player in the end). Then later a failed recording for the problem showing appeared in the Recordings screen.

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

TimCurtis wrote:

I don't think that the episode delete option has been there in NextGen at all.

Must have been longer ago than I thought that I last saw it then!

I looked at the YouView app and under Scheduled recordings there are two entries for all of the Corrie episodes, apart from the one which did not show up as scheduled on the box, which only had the single entry.  I noticed that there is also a double entry for Lethal Weapon on Friday, and when I tried to set another program to record at the same time as that, nothing happened again.

If I cancel Corrie it only allows one program to be scheduled at the times that Corrie was going to be recorded.  The box obviously still seems to think that Corrie is still scheduled although it won't record it.

I'm guessing a full factory reset will be required to clear this, but I have a lot of recordings still to watch.  I'll try cancelling all the scheduled recordings and then do a factory reset retaining recordings to see if that fixes it.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 11

There are certainly some odd things happening around deletion of a scheduled series link recording, it's as though you are deleting the current episode but leaving the series link but not seeing it in the schedule until it actually comes to the time to record the program.

Not sure if this happens every time but that would explain some oddities that I've seen recently.

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I cleared all scheduled recordings from the box and tried a software reset and factory reset retaining recordings. There are now no scheduled recordings showing on the box, but on the YouView App, Coronation Street and Lethal Weapon are still showing as scheduled series recordings.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than a full factory reset to get rid of these stubborn beggars? Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 11

So on the app view  these remaining two series recordings are showing against which channel(s). ...  Eg ITV  , ITV HD , STV , ITV + 1. ?

do we yet know what happens when one of these  scheduled recordings is due to record and after that schedule recordin* time completes .. do they record, do they show up as a failed recording  do they simply appear to disappear and the next episode show in the schedule ?

I presume this is a BT supplied DTR1000 So has a software version of 27.50.0 ?

Do you know if you are in an area where you might pick up signals  from more than one TV region?

Do you currently have or noticed in the recent past any channels in the  800 range ?

As for maintenance mode resets ..I would try an option 4 reset that also preserves recordings before resorting to the full factory reset.

0 Ratings
f1charlie
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

zulu17 wrote:

So on the app view  these remaining two series recordings are showing against which channel(s). ...  Eg ITV  , ITV HD , STV , ITV + 1. ?

ITV HD

do we yet know what happens when one of these  scheduled recordings is due to record and after that schedule recordin* time completes .. do they record, do they show up as a failed recording  do they simply appear to disappear and the next episode show in the schedule ?

The episodes for last Monday didn't record, didn't show as failed recordings and are still in the scheduled list.

I presume this is a BT supplied DTR1000 So has a software version of 27.50.0 ?

Yes.

Do you know if you are in an area where you might pick up signals  from more than one TV region?

London and South regions.  South selected as the preferred.

Do you currently have or noticed in the recent past any channels in the  800 range ?

Yes although would have to check when I get home which ones.

As for maintenance mode resets ..I would try an option 4 reset that also preserves recordings before resorting to the full factory reset.

Will give it a go thanks - what does that do that is different from the other modes?

0 Ratings