Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Recordings & Broadband

Go to solution

Got home yesterday to find my broadband had stopped working, apparently "over the road" had an engineer in. Anyway a quick reboot of the smarthub sorted it out.

However I was surprised to find that until I rebooted the router I was unable to watch any of my recordings on my Youview+ (4k) box.

Is that correct? Do you have to have a live internet connection to watch recorded stuff? Or is it just a "setting"

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Recordings & Broadband

Go to solution

Recorded content is subject to a licence, this needs to be checked with BT before content can be played.

Some content may have only a restricted viewing window, after which time the content would not be allowed to be viewed.

It also stops recorded content being played when people stop their subscription.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

If it's the internet channels recordings you're referring to then Yes you need an active broadband connection otherwise No.

You may need to reboot the Youview box as well.

0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

"It also stops recorded content being played when people stop their subscription." 

Now that's a bit naughty in my eyes, although I know $Ky do the same.

I didn't need to reboot the UHD box just went into settings and reconnected to router.

On a side note, could someone clarify, if I cancel my subscription will the box revert to a "normal" Youview box?

So I could still record and playback "Free to view" channels?

(Yes the stuff I was trying to watch was recorded from internet channel)

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@gibbylinks wrote:

On a side note, could someone clarify, if I cancel my subscription will the box revert to a "normal" Youview box?

So I could still record and playback "Free to view" channels?

Yes you can.

See Will my YouView box from BT work if I decide to leave BT?

0 Ratings