cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Recordings cut short

First of all its enough that we are having these problems with failed recordings.but also we still have problems with programmes being cut off at the end i was watching a recording of the martin lewis money show and it cut the end off very frustrating and annoying.why cant we have padding so that we can add extra minutes on at either end to stop this.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Recordings cut short

Padding is never going to come I'm afraid.

Before the latest fiasco with failed recordings padding was one of the most requested features right from the launch.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Ok then am i right in saying that if i was to get rid of my you view box and get a normal freeview plus panasonic box that would be more reliable than accurate recording plus have padding on them boxes
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

Yes that would be a good choice - mine is 100% reliable - but some find the interface a bit dated & clunky. But it works!

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Which model panasonic do you have please cause i do believe if im right in saying that there is two models on freeview thanks

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

Mine is a 5 year old BluRay Player /Recorder but with the current offerings you have a choice between straight Freeview+ or Freeview Play. Freeview Play gives you 7 days catchup like the Youview box whereas the Freeview+  doesn't.

The difference I think really is in the guide.  The Freeview+ guide  is quite standard and the Freeview Play guide for current & future programmes is fairly standard but scrolling back is not like Youview and does it by channel & can take sometime to populate - atleast my Panasonic TV does.

Just depends exactly what you want. Both styles are available with some disc playing functionality.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Just something that works and is reliable and has padding and does not fail on recordings
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

Then it'll be the DMR-HWT150 (500gb) or 250 (1TB) for Freeview Play with catchup or the plain Freeview+ box - DMR-HWT130.

With both I think remote recording is possible which is quite handy.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Thanks for your help and advice
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

@John22

Let us know what you go for & what you think as I'm likely to go for another Panasonic recorder soon.

0 Ratings