cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Recordings finish early!

I know there is already a "reply" to this type of query but I wonder if others are having the problems we are??

Numerous recordings finish very short. Last week I recorded a James Brown programme and instead of an hour we got thirty minutes and it keeps happening

Any ideas, or are we alone?

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Recordings finish early!

Hi

As the signal to start and stop recording comes from the broadcaster regrettably there is nothing you can do this end.

I had a problem a few years ago with one channel and contacted their customer services who "had a word" and it got fixed on that occasion.

Are yours all on the same channel?

Tim

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Tim. Thanks,

No, definitely not all on the same channel. 

BBC4 cut the James Brown to half time, the next prog, "Soul" missed the first few seconds!

My partner records, these would be terrestrial channel and they often stop prior to announced timings..

We've been using BT for a few months now, having moved from Virgin, and although their system was always dropping out, BT doesn't; but we never had short recordings with them!!

Very annoying.

Message 4 of 7

I can certainly see some inconsistencies with the BBC/Youview data for the  BBC Four Sessions  Jame Brown programming which I have raised with Youview. Doubt  that those inconsistencies should cause  your  recording experience although one of inconsistencies is a discrepancy in duration between 1 minute and 1 hour.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Zulu

I was naively hoping someone might have a solution, but if it isn't "Me"  that's causing the fault, them maybe Not!!

I guess also recording the next programme, (suggested!) might help?  BUT I don't see it working just two truncated programmes??

Barry

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

All.

I had the same problem yesterday, sat to watch Cannel 4 from Monday (Life in the 80') and it lasted just 8.04 minutes!!

I contacted Ch4    Channel 4 didn't answer in regard to start/stop signals, but suggested I re-tune, and I've been looking to find out how, with no luck, but have little faith anyway that if I did, it would make any difference.

Looking around, it seems I'm not alone here, so I just need to get lucky with someone answering that knows the definitive answer?

Anybody!!!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Re: Recordings STILL finish early!

To my mind, (is it only me?) nothing is done to rectify problems put forward on this "community" site.

Yesterday I was watching a recording from 22nd Nov Ch 5 Casualty 24/7 and the system says it recorded from 10:03 until 10:21 so it was definitely cut short..

I came to BT earlier this year and had NEVER had this problem with VM, just that their system was down more than acceptable.

What's the point in being able to record, yet not being able to stipulate start stop times??

0 Ratings