cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Recordings for non live Sky Sports football games finish before the event has ended

I tend to record non live Sky Football games where the full game is broadcast after the event ( usually early hours of Sunday morning for Saturday games or early hours of Thursday morning for Wed night games) . These are the games which are not the feature game on Sky ( i.e not televised live).  I find the recording always finishes before the event has finished. It is obvious that the TV guide times are therefore wrong and not updated. I did make a complaint and explained the issue in detail only for the complaint to be closed 2 weeks later with BT stating that they had fixed the problem. They obviously have not as if anybody taped the Leeds v Norwich game would be aware that the recording ended with c 20 minutes left to play. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Recordings for non live Sky Sports football games finish before the event has ended

Hi @Niall2 

Unfortunately none of the regular sports channels seem to bother with changing their EPG (Tv Guide) entries for non-live content. That typically results in the existing EPG timings for the start and end program being used as the recording start and end times and the incomplete viewer experience that you are seeing.

I fail to understand how whoever closed off your complaint could have possibly fixed the problem. That is disappointing  so if you feel strongly enough you can push back to reopen or escalate the complaint. 

I would have expected them to explain the difficulties of late schedule changes  due to either overrunning or underrunning of previous programming .

At best I suspect all BT could do in the short term is to feed back the issue of inaccurate schedules to the broadcasters in this example Now/Sky Sports,

As an aside  those Premier League Reruns are available on the Now app  on your BT Tv box as an alternative to recording them although not sure precisely when they are loaded.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Recordings for non live Sky Sports football games finish before the event has ended

Hi @Niall2   It shouldn’t be necessary but one work-a-round is to always set the following programme to record as well.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

Thanks for your response/take on the issue. I totally agree and have reopened the complaint. The issue with using the NOW TV app is that not all games are available via this method and you are never quite sure when they become available . I have been with Sky for over 10 years and never had this issue. Just moved over to BT and must admit I am regretting it .

I would like BT to admit the issue and let customers know when it will be fixed . Not just closing the complaint. Pretty poor IMO.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I suspect the issue is with Sky not updating the EPG for the YouView boxes.  If you didn't have those problems when you were with them, it probably means that they are more diligent in updating the EPGs for their own boxes rather than those for the other platforms (as you might expect).

Having said that, as you are paying for the service via BT, then it really should be for BT to complain to Sky regarding the impact it is having on their subscribers.

0 Ratings