cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobbs
Contributor
Message 1 of 38

Recordings missing the end of programmes

I'm repeatedly noticing that recordings are missing out the end of programmes. Surely in this day and age that this can be resolved as I have never once come across this with my previous supplier nor have any of my friends except those that are with BT.

its yet another thing that's seriously making me doubt the wisdom of my switch.

since moving to BT I feel like a real moaning Minnie 

what at can I do to resolve this issue. Recording the following show isn't an option as often I'll be recording another programme.

0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 38

Re: Recordings missing the end of programmes

Which channels do you experience the problem on ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Bobbs
Contributor
Message 3 of 38

I haven't paid a lot of attention as to which ones it is but last night it was ITV2.

0 Ratings
Simmy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 38

Recorded last nights UFC which should have been a few hours long but it recorded 9 minutes! They really need to sort this out, I never hardly had an issue with Sky over 15 years yet since I switched I've had three instances in as many weeks.

0 Ratings
Bobbs
Contributor
Message 5 of 38

I feel your pain. I have the same issue. I'm really regretting my move now

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 6 of 38

happened to me too /again/ 3rd time it's happened but only on Dual Survival on Discovery. I had to go searching in the murky depths of the internet to see the final 60 seconds !

Personally I think it's fair to say that BT are still a decade or so behind Sky in terms of resolving these sorts of issues. i.e. App does not connect directly to box, TV guide seems less accurate ( they're unable to put episode numbers reliably), no proper fast forward/ rewind ( although does not bother me), no web based remote record. Numerous other ways that Sky is just a little bit better, even if you don't want the extra channels. 

Sky keep ringing and have offered 60% off +£75 credit so I may be doing some hard bargaining me thinks 🙂

I think it's fair to say that the terestrial channels have picked up their game a lot too in recent years, whereas Discovery seems to have developed an addiction to american car shows and are simply showing ever more repeats from years ago.

0 Ratings
Bobbs
Contributor
Message 7 of 38

Sick and tired of missing the end if programmes

I'm really really not happy with BT in general. The TV service is falling far short if what I expected and I'm getting to the stage where I'm tempted to just throw in the towel and go back to Sky who as anyone knows aren't brilliant but in my case I've had a flawless service esp as being disabled they have a dedicated team to contact and any issues are resolved incredibly quickly.

Anywat, this rant is about the very frequent missing  the end of recorded programmes. I don't get it how other suppliers don't have this issue. None of my friends have this problem with various tv service suppliers. I tend to set up series links for everything to record  as my memory is awful and invariably I'd forget a programme was on. This means that I depend on my recording functionality. The suggestion to record the next programme as well to catch the end of the recorded one is a really poor workaround and not feasible if you are recording other programmes that would cause clashes.

That's  my main gripe, the other being the dreaded buffering when streaming things like Amazon Prime and Netflix. I've got my smart tv hooked up using powerline adaptors. This is the setup I used for Sky and I never once experienced buffering or any other problems. I've tried watching netflix via the tv app and also the BT view box app. Same result. I had thought that getting infinity one would mean no streaming issues, how wrong was I. I'd have been better off sticking to my 16 Mbps (hope I got that right )

All in all, it's been quite an unpleasant experience and I had been so looking forward to this amazing service. I've gone from having to contact Sky support 3 times in 12 years and having an easy time to banging my head against a brick wall dealing with the Indian call centre who will not deviate from scripts. That was again one of the selling points for BT. I thought I had read that they were getting rid of the Indian call centres. 

Sorry for the rant. I'm just so disappointed at the continual missing the ends of programmes and buffering. I wonder if just using freesat or freeview instead of the BT service would have the same problems.

come on BT, get your act together and get the recording issue sorted

0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 38

Re: Sick and tired of missing the end if programmes

Regarding the buffering issue I would guess the Powerline's are the problem. You could try resetting them, also make sure they're not plugged into an any extension leads. It could also be interference from electrical equipment in your household. 

To rule out line speed as the problem take a speed test. http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 9 of 38

Which channels are you having issues with as I know the main psb ones shouldn't cut the end of as they use accurate record I believe.
0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 38

What model of Powerlines are you using?
0 Ratings