Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bobbs
Contributor
Message 11 of 38

Re: Sick and tired of missing the end if programmes

Hi

These are brand new powerline adapters: BT Broadband Extender Flex 600 Kit, Pass Through Powerline Kit. I bought new ones as I had thought the old ones may be the issue. It's made no difference whatsoever.

I've used adaptors on my tv for years to make sure that the connection wasn't subject to the vagaries of wireless. Not a hint of an issue before BT. 

I'm pretty sure that it's usually the extra subscribed channels that cause the issue as it was a programme that's usually on H2 that triggered my gripe. I've spoken to India about this and all they said was buy powerlines. These are directly plugged into the wall. I have never tried to put them through extensions as I know that can be an issue.

My speeds can vary from a brilliant 50Mpbs during the day but in the evening it tends to drop which I expected even though I never experienced that before. Right now it's a perfectly acceptable 38.61. I live about 200 yards from my local exchange so speeds have never been much of a problem since broadband first came out and I got the heady speeds of up to 215kbps.

What I do get is sudden drops of my wireless where webpages take an eternity to load, again, one of the reasons I went with powerlines just to have belt and braces. It doesn't last long but it's enough to knock something that's streaming off and by the time I get to do a wired speedtest it's usually ok again. This is again new to me since moving to BT.

There has been no change as to how everything is set up including my hub being plugged into the main socket. When I moved to BT I paid the extra to get BT to send an engineer to set everything up as getting down to where the socket is is beyond me. I physically can't do it and my hubby can't as his hands don't work. What a pair we are.

I'm really sorry to have moaned incessantly but our tv and broadband are our links to the outside world as we are both pretty much housebound. Not a pity party by any means, we are how we are but it's frustrating after having totally trouble free service which I count ourselves fortunate to the current service being bleh and I think my biggest, biggest frustration is dealing with the Indian call centre. No offence to anyone from India but it's really dire having to deal with them. I've come off the phone in tears just through frustration. 

Sorry to be a whine 😟

0 Ratings
ggmcintosh
Contributor
Message 12 of 38

Re: Recordings missing the end of programmes

I've complained about progs finished be early a few times in particular STV. it's always the last 30 seconds or so. When I play back a recording the total time will be for example 58:13, and yes 58:13 plays but the programme is probably 58:56! It's hellish sitting down to watch a programme with the possibility of not seeing the end (and being blamed by my wife for buying a trashy system). I then go on to the dreaded STV PLAYER, sit through countless repetitive ads, FF the bits of the prog I've already watched just to see the last 30 seconds. I really don't see in this tech world we live in that we can't have the "add 5 mins to end of programme" option we used to have. Please can we have it back...?
0 Ratings
ggmcintosh
Contributor
Message 13 of 38

Sorry. I should proof read more.
0 Ratings
Bobbs
Contributor
Message 14 of 38

The latest to finish early is Animal Planet. I really don't understand how one supplier gets it right and the other so badly wrong

0 Ratings
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 38

GOLD is now running about 20 minutes late so it is not just a matter of missing the last minute or so of a programme. 

Surely the YouView box can be updated so the whole of a programme is recorded.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Bobbs
Contributor
Message 16 of 38

I contacted BT via live chat yesterday, they said they would call me back between 4 and 7. Still waiting and still not recording the ends of some programmes. I wonder if this constitutes breach of contract as they aren't providing me with a satisfactory product.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 38

Had a strange one tonight on Yesterday. A programme scheduled to run from 19.00 to 20.00 (which did run according to the scheduled timing) recorded from 18.49 to 19.48 on my box, missing a huge chunk of the programme as the recording started 11 minutes early. The recording caught the final 6 or 7 minutes of the preceding programme (plus adverts) and as a result lost 10 minutes at the end of the scheduled recording/show. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 38

@robert1997 wrote:

Had a strange one tonight on Yesterday. A programme scheduled to run from 19.00 to 20.00 (which did run according to the scheduled timing) recorded from 18.49 to 19.48 on my box, missing a huge chunk of the programme as the recording started 11 minutes early. The recording caught the final 6 or 7 minutes of the preceding programme (plus adverts) and as a result lost 10 minutes at the end of the scheduled recording/show. 

I believe Yesterday provided by UK TV should generally provide accurate recordings  - This statement is from the Youview community (Sept 2015)

UKTV have now made improvements to programme start and end times to ensure that recordings for their shows are now accurate and not clipped. There may be a small number of programmes that still have an issue but UKTV are making further improvements to ensure all content works correctly when recorded.

If you encounter any issues when recording programmes do let us know and we will feed this back.

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/clipped-recordings-on-drama-yesterday-dave-and-others

so you can via Youview feed back issues to UK TV

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 38

Doing that now @zulu17. Thanks for the heads up.

0 Ratings
Bobbs
Contributor
Message 20 of 38

Yesterday it was a programme from Yesterday. Started late and of course, the end missed. 

On Thursday a programme recorded 10-11pm on TLC. The end completely missed to the extent I had no idea what the outcome of the surgery was. 

It's really getting tiresome. BT have never bothered getting back to me. I have no idea what I can do to resolve it and the next 9 months is stretching bleakly into the future.

Pathetic I know but it's one if the few pleasures I have therefore what for some would be a minor irritation, fir others it really spoils their viewing pleasure. 

I genuinely dont don't know what to try next as having issues like this is new to me.

0 Ratings