Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Red light on youview box causes recording to fail

Same thing happened me today. Box in Smart Standby from last night (I have it set from 1am to 8am). Had set tonights Premier League game to record and on going to sit down to view it a while back noticed the red light on front of the box indicating it was still in deep sleep. I've been out all day so haven't had the box on at all today. I also had to switch the box off and on again from the switch at the back. On boot up I find the recording has failed indicating to me that the box was unable to exit deep sleep to record it. Any thoughts on how I can avoid this in future other than not using Smart Standby? The box is only around 4 months old.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
deoliveira
Message 2 of 7

Re: Red light on youview box causes recording to fail

i have the same problem

box goes red and it does not switch on, have to go to the back of box and switch on and off for it to boot it back up.

and recording failed this happenes every other week its beging to make me go to sky 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

@robert1997 

I'd suggest trying a Maintenance Mode reset as per the instructions here.

Option 2 is the first to try and failing that option 4. Both keep your recordings but may lose you you schedule & any mobile phone app links.

robotman1
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

@TimCurtis  @PaddyB  (who rated the post). Look very closely and you'll see @robert1997  posted that original post almost THREE years ago 😂😂

Maybe you meant to tag @deoliveira  into your reply instead?

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

@robotman1 

Oops , my bad. Obviously I did miss tag here.

deoliveira
Message 6 of 7

got my replacement youview box today pluged it all in switched it on, got the bt logo come up then all i get is black screen what i'm i doing wrong

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

@deoliveira 

Got the right tag this time 🙂

It's suppose it's possible that there's an issue with the HDMI cable and the box can't negotiate the display settings for the TV or maybe the ethernet cable is connected properly.