Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Regular IPC 6023 errors

Go to solution

I have recently started getting IPC6023 errors after watching any of the internet based channels.  When I select the channel (i.e. BT sports 1 HD) I can watch the channel as normal for about 5 minutes and then the IPC6023 appears.  If I change channels and then switch back to BT sports 1, I can continue watching without any issues.  However, 5 mins later the same happens again - which is quite annoying (to say the least).  This happens on the HD and on the 4K channel.

This seems to have started happening recently (last month or so) and there have been no network changes on my end.

I have BT-Infinity2 and get 80/20 connection.   I have a Vigor130 modem + Netgear Orbi router + Netgear gs108E managed switch + BT-T4000.   Everything is hardwired.   IGMP snooping enabled on router and switch.    I can remove the switch and have a 1:1 ethernet connection between T400 and the router and I get the same. 

I am pretty sure the IGMP is working OK, everything works well for 5 minutes then just dies ?  It used to be rock solid.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
gavinlambourne
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Regular IPC 6023 errors

Go to solution

Hi,

I'm very interested in your case.

You state this problem started recently. Do you have a rough idea when this was?

Thanks

Gavin

0 Ratings
Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Gavin,

Its hard to tell exactly when this started - but I probably first noticed it around 2 months ago. Although it could be slightly more as we were away over the Christmas period so did not watch much sport on TV.   So I would say max 3 months.

Before that it was very reliable,   I had previously stress tested the 4k channel and found it could run all day without any hiccups (other than occasional green blocks).

-Martin

0 Ratings
gavinlambourne
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks.

Do you have a BT Home Hub at home? If so, are you able to connect it up for testing purposes?

Thanks

Gavin

Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Yes I do have a hub - I'll need to get it out of the loft Smiley Indifferent .  I can run a trial with that later today.

-Martin

0 Ratings
Martyfp68
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks to James and Gavin's help, normal service is resumed.  All channels are now working consistently again.

Many thanks

-Martin

0 Ratings
phallam
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Hi Gavin,
I have recently switched to a Netgear Orbi router and I am seeing the same problem as Martin - the BT Sport channels work OK for about 5 minutes and then the IPC6023 appears. They work fine with the HH6 installed.
Was the fix specific to Martin's line or is it something that could be happening on mine too, and could be fixed in a similar fashion?
Thanks... Paul
0 Ratings
vandenm
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

What was the fix?

Cheers Mike V

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @vandenm,

The IPC 6023 error, usually means there is a problem with the speed of the connection.

Your best bet would be to start your own thread to give a few details of your set up and when the error occurs.

This will allow the community to give you a few suggestion on how to fix that error.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings