cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Remote control sticking on fast forward and rewind when watching live tv

Go to solution

Hi, when I am watching live tv, if I try to rewind to a few minutes to rewatch something, my remote keeps rewinding until it gets to when I started to watch the programme. The only way I can stop it is if I press the pause or change the channel. The same thing is happening when I fast forward.  I have asked BT help and their answer was to send me a new remote which is doing the same thing as the old one. I have just done an online chat with them tonight and they are going to send me yet another remote. I'm not sure the remote is the problem, though as I'm not technically minded I could be wrong, but has anyone else had this problem and found a solution? Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: Remote control sticking on fast forward and rewind when watching live tv

Go to solution

Hi @pennyjs Sorry your are experiencing a problem with your BTTV service.

Have you noticed any other issues with your BTTV box not responding to the remote control. Check out My BT TV remote control isn't working as this contains some helpful advice and as you have already had a replacement remote control it could be that a reset of the BTTV box may resolve this. Post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi John

The factory reset seems to have solved the problem, it has also done an update that hadn't happened.

Thanks

Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@pennyjs wrote:

Hi John

The factory reset seems to have solved the problem, it has also done an update that hadn't happened.

Thanks

Great to see you managed to get this sorted out @pennyjs  Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
I’m having the same problem. It’s definitely not the remote. I’ve also noticed that the skip forward/backward options don’t work when I’ve paused live TV
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I'm having exactly this issue currently, looks like a factory reset is in order. Does that mean I lose any recordings that I have on the disk?

0 Ratings