cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spewy
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Remote control

I have read all the the relevent posts and links for remote control issues but cant find a solution to my particualr issue.

My remote control was working fine including switching tv/av and volume control for tv, siddendly thsi stopped working and i called support and was issued a new remote.

This didnt work so they sent me a new box and remote control, same thing it didn't work, called again and had a third remote control sent out. Same again it doesn't work properly.

To be clear the basic functions are possible with the remote ie - changing channel, tv guide, BT player buttons etc but they are intermittent i have to press the buttons numerous times at various angles, but the volume and tv/av - nothing.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
srpsrp
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Remote control

Check for remote extenders or remote controls stuck under the sofa that are transmitting. You can only use one IR remote at a time. Also it has been known in other forums for plasma TVs to interfere with remote controls.

0 Ratings
Spewy
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, the other remote in use is exactly what it is like but unfortunately not the solution in this case.
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 4 of 4

it seems rather unlikely to me that you have tried 3 faulty remote controls and 2 faulty boxes, can you take the box to a TV in another room and try it there ?

0 Ratings