cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShirlF
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Remote not working with Sony tv

Tried for hours now. Old system no problem very pleased.
Replaced with new view box and can not get the new remote to link to Sony tv. Used 4985 and several others given but no joy. Can anyone help please?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Remote not working with Sony tv

Hi @ShirlF Sorry you could not get the BTTV remote to accept the code for your TV.

Are you still having this issue? You appear to be using the correct code for the newer BTTV remote controls but best to check here  and select the remote you have and follow the instructions. Post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
ShirlF
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Thanks so much for contacting. Yes still got the problem. I did try the link you posted before as I Google as much as I could. Currently using two remotes as also can not increase the volume sufficiently. Followed instructions but does not seem to work. I also tried to reprogrammed to old remote but all that happened was I lost all sound.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi @ShirlF Thanks for posting back and sorry your still having this issue.

We will be happy to look into this further for you if you send us your details (please include exact model of your TV). You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
ShirlF
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

TV is a Sony brava
Model KDL -37S5500
Serial no. 4001454.
Sorry can't see contact the mods on your name?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @ShirlF You will find the link if you are viewing the full site just below my Avatar "Moderation Team Email Address: Please fill out this "contact us" form ** click here to contact the Mods.

The full site may not be viewable on a mobile device. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@ShirlF Can you try the checks I mentioned in my email and get back to me to let me know if that works?

0 Ratings