cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thom77
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Removing BBC Red Button On-Screen Logo????

Go to solution

I currently have two Youview DTR T2100 boxes and I have noticed in the last couple of days that when you visit a BBC channel and the Red Button logo appears in the top right corner of the screen, the green button on the remote no longer seems to remove this??

This seems to happen on most BBC channels apart from channel 601 where the green button does still seem to work...... the logo does disappear after a short amount of time anyway, but just seems to be very recently that green button no longer does this??

Just wonder if this is some sort of temporary glitch or if there has been some sort of recent update and this is how it will be from now on??

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Removing BBC Red Button On-Screen Logo????

Go to solution

Good spot. Mine doesn't work either.

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

The 'Back' button removes it ...... didnt know the Green chap was supposed to - wheres that documented ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Thom77
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks to everyone for the replies........ I hadn't ever realised that the BBC website gave you details on how to remove the Red Button logo from the various services...... over various devices and TVs through the years I just seemed to stumble across the fact that the green button did the trick on freeview.  Now the green button seems to have stopped working on youview the back button does the job.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Why has it been changed from the Green button which has been the engrained standard for many years now?

Did not know about using the Return button so have been pausing live TV for a few seconds to get rid.
0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
R.I.P. green button
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I wish they had gone the other way, kept the Green button, and used the Return button to swap back to the previously viewed channel as is done on other PVRs.

0 Ratings