Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 19

Returning customer

Go to solution
I left bttv 2 days ago as i got sucked into a 50% deal for 18 months with sky . I have since canceled sky today after 1day as the epg is a minefield and they have also just lost 12 discovery channels which is a must for me. I called COT and they say its not as easy just to reactivate? I need to get a new box etc is this really the case?

Thanks for your help
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Returning customer

Go to solution

Which BT Vision box do you still have, is it the old Vision+ box, or is it the new YouView box?

The old Vision+ service is being ceased, so if you have one of thos boxes, you will be provided with a new YouView box as part of you new BTTV contract.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution
hi kieth thanks for replying, i was previously on total entertainment with the ultra hd box and a youview plus box as the extra box.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Ok ive just spoke to COT again the order placed for the tv last night failed i knew something wasnt quite right this morning as i had to email conformation, so they guy i spoke to has placed a new order there. The problem is now the service wont go live until the 6th of feb he even wanted to send an engineer!.  Everything is still in place i just dont understand why the service just cant  cant be activated would save so much messing around and delay. 

MODS are you able to help me get this actived or do indeed need to go through the full process?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

As you had started the transfer to Sky, then there would be a cease and re-provide on your line which is most likely why the order failed.

A cease and re-provide can take a minimum of 10 days, there is no way around this, as that period is an Ofcom ruling to reduce the incidence of slamming.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution
Hi Keith, i didnt cancel my line i only canceled the TV. i kept my BT infinity 2. This why i dont know why its so difficult just to get the tv back on.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

It would still apply to the TV, it takes that long for it to be re-provided, as I expect all of the cancellation tasks have not yet been closed. Quite a number of different parts of BT involved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

The guy in COT, spoke to the order management help desk and everything is closed. I also spoke with easy assist last night and they confirmed that also.  They have since placed a new order for me with new equipment etc ( which i dont need) but the activation date is the 6th of feb. This really doesnt make it easy for customers who are looking to return. 

It should be like anyother service if you have the equipment would be great if it could just be reactivated, more so with it only beeing off a few days, months i would understand.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Totally agree. BT do make things very difficult for their customers. I haven't had Sky for almost 2 years but when I contacted them last week to test the waters re 'come back' discounts they were only too eager to get me back. 1st question I was asked was 'do you still have your old box', when I replied that yes I had they told me that if I were to return it was only a matter of me reinstating my box and the account would be updated immediately and the box available to use by the time I'd get off the phone. Now that's how to keep customers happy.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

thanks for the reply robert what dept was that you spoke too? as i was told that wasnt an option

0 Ratings