Did you mean: 
Highlighted
madness
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Ridiculous 15-second shift on sports channels

Go to solution

Wow.

This is a complete shambles. I also cannot believe how rare it is to see people complaining about this issue. Been on the blower to BT and they've claimed it's the first time they've ever heard of it.

I've recently gone to BTTV and instantly having to cancel it. How, in 2018, can we only be able to rewind or fast-forward in increments of 15 seconds? It's absolute insanity.

The only reason I signed up to the service was to watch sport. No way can I continue with such a facility with this being the case.

Bizarrely, no one at BT seems to actually be aware this is a thing. I checked on other channels last night and the function worked as it would on Sky. It seems to purely be sport channels. Madness.

Currently on hold as I've been forced to cancel. Shame. Sky can't service my property so it looks like my only option is to go with Virgin - one of the worst companies I've ever had to deal with. The thought of giving them my money makes me sick.

All BT need to do is provide a standard rewind and fast-forward function. Frame-by-frame. Not every 15 seconds. I'm baffled as to how this isn't the case!

I was going back and forth with my remote last night trying to find the desired bit of action I was after. It is archaic.

Truly unfathomable.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ridiculous 15-second shift on sports channels

Go to solution
It is actually 60 seconds forward and 15 seconds back.
0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
It's because you are using an internet delivered service and that makes smooth rewind and fast forward a lot more difficult as they 'transmit' in file chunks. It also means you never get to watch the Sport live and can be 15 seconds behind the action

It's a shame you can't get a sat feed as BT Sport over the Sky platform works well although even there the delay is ~7 seconds from true live due to the MPEG compression and decompression needed for HD
0 Ratings
madness
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Which is even worse.

Honestly, it is amateur. So, so poor.

0 Ratings
madness
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

That wasn't what was sold to me.

I was even made to believe that I only could get BT Sport for free by getting BTTV. As I understand it, that's complete fabrication. You get BT Sport with BT Broadband - not by signing up to the sub-standard BTTV.

On Virgin you can rewind and fast forward as per. Pretty sure no satellite is required there.

And, like I said, it rewinds as it should on BBC. In this day and age there is zero reason for it to not be able to rewind as it should. On NOWTV - a streaming service - I've been informed it rewinds as it does on Sky/Virgin.

The worrying aspect of this is that no one at BT knew what I was talking about. They had to go and test it on the machines in the office. Only then did the operative go, "Oh yeah, I can see what you mean."

I've checked on other channels and it works as it should (BBC, AlJazeera, Sky News). For some reason it is just BT Sport - the only channel I purchased the service for. Honestly, I cannot actually believe it.

BT have to sort this out. Shocking.

0 Ratings
madness
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

This post has also been labelled as SOLVED.

Naturally I was quite excited at the thought of someone providing me with the answer to correct the issue.

As is, the answer just reinforced.

This problem is not solved. It's a complete debacle!

0 Ratings