cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggmcintosh
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

STV player

Has anyone else had a problem with the STV player on YouView? I've recently tried to watch Black Work, but it froze, wouldn't rewind, switch itself off meaning going back to the adverts again, and do weird things when pausing (went backwards). Added to the poor picture quality...ended up watching the series on a cruddy old laptop. Everything else about the box is fine, just the stv player.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: STV player

Could be a problem with their player app. Is it only this programme? Can you try something else?

Failing that get in touch with STV: http://player.stv.tv/help/#tab-contact-content

Also take a look at: https://community.youview.com/youview and search for: STV player

0 Ratings
ggmcintosh
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Tried the third episode today, went fine until 1st set of (tedious) ads. A box appeared saying "there is an error, this programme won't continue" or words to that effect but it was still playing in the background. So what do you do? You press ok and the whole thing stops and you're back to the beginning. I think I'll just stick to making sure I record stuff instead of using catch up.
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

Not great. If you have a look on the YouView website you'll see you are not alone in this.

Can I suggest that you actually report this error/issue to STV via the link I provided as if nobody reports this to them they won't fix it.

0 Ratings
ggmcintosh
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Yep, doing that now. I only used the player cos I got fed up with recordings on stv finishing early! But that's another story...
0 Ratings
davidrsim
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Yes, same problem here. Unable to restart the programme without watching 12 mins of ads!
0 Ratings