Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
castro
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Scart Output

This problem has occured since Monday. Two televisions, one connected via HDMI lead and the other (about 6m away) via scart lead. Previous to Monday, both televisions could be used independently. As from Monday, the "scart" TV will only work correctly if the "HDMI" TV is first switched on. It can then be switched off and the "scart" TV continues to works normally. When the "scart" TV is not working correctly, the screen shows the main menu bar but no live pictures or no recorded playback however when the "HDMI" TV is switched on and then off these functions return and remain until the YouYiew box is switched off. The strange thing is that the "on demand" services such as BBC iPlayer or NetFlix will work straight away without having to switch on the "HDMI" TV. This must mean that the problem is not due to a faulty lead.

I understand that a software update has recently happened and I wonder whether this is an unintended consequence. Any help gratefully received.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Scart Output

I effectively have the same configuration* and have never seen the issue with either a DTRT 1000 or my current 2100 which does have the latest update.  Suggests it is something to do with your TV and something to do with the copy protection feature of HDMI sourcing set top boxes.  

What type of box do you have and what happens if you just disconnect the HDMI to TV lead?

* HDMI feeds main TV and SCART feed RF modulator that goes to rest of house

0 Ratings
castro
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

The box type is a DTRT 2100.

Disconnecting the HDMI cable from the STB does not have any effect. There is no live TV signal or recorded signal being outputted from the scart socket until the TV with the HDMI cable is switched on. It seems that the STB now requires an electronic handshake via the HDMI cable to enable the output. This situation has only just happened this week. I cannot understand why the "on demand" services still work independentlyas before.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 4 of 4

@castrowrote:

The box type is a DTRT 2100.

Disconnecting the HDMI cable from the STB does not have any effect. There is no live TV signal or recorded signal being outputted from the scart socket until the TV with the HDMI cable is switched on. It seems that the STB now requires an electronic handshake via the HDMI cable to enable the output. This situation has only just happened this week. I cannot understand why the "on demand" services still work independentlyas before. 

Sorry I'm out of ideas now.  Seems your STB is requiring a HDCP handshake from the TV to display an HD channel.

I've just tried same on mine showing BBC1 HD through the HDMI and the SCART and then turned the TV off and the SCART output still worked (obviously not in HD resolution)  Suggests maybe a fault in your Youview STB

0 Ratings