Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeebo
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Screen size on YouView menu.

Hi Guys,

Im wondering if anyone can help. I have the BT YouView Plus box (details at the bottom of this message). When I first got it, this problem was here. Then after a few weeks "something" happened, and it was fixed, then after a reset to factory, its gone screwey again!

The issue I have, is that when you access the YouView Menu (single press of the blue button), all of a sudden the screen size has changed. Its like you have zoomed in by about 10% into the centre of the screen. You cant see what the Red or Blue buttons do, as you can only see part of a word, or the blue button icon in the corner, but you cant see the words that follow. Likewise, when you access the likes of the On Demand Players, you can see perfectly the players in the middle, but anything on the outside looks as if it stretches onto the other screen.

Same for the guide, and the MyView pages...

I dont know what "something" happened that fixed it before, but I would prefer to have it fixed again.

The aspect ratio of the TV is fine, as it works for all other devices on HDMI, I can swap the cable back to another device and have a clear and decent sized image as expected, but then all of a sudden, plug in youview and just the menu's are out of the standard size.

Anyone any idea's, as I cant find an espect button on youview, the zoom button makes no odds, it just allows me to pick an area of the screen to zoom into, and it then just goes back to where it was...

Thanks

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
D-ave
Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: Screen size on YouView menu.

Some TVs have separate aspect ratio/screen size settings for each input, so just because it's set correctly for all the other inputs doesn't necessarily mean it's set correctly on the Youview input. I had this problem when I first set Youview up a few days ago, then I twigged it and corrected it (while the Youview input was selected). That's worth a try, anyway.

0 Ratings
Robertadams
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

I have had this problem for 6 months. I have found if I select ITV3 it re-sizes the picture. When I display the guide I cant see the channel numbers up the left hand side. The only way I can clear it is to switch the power off to the youview box. Not much help i'm afraid. Did try BT but that wasn't successful.
0 Ratings
Jeebo
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Hi Guys,

Well I seem to have fixed it again! The answer - turn the box off for 3 minutes with the switch, then turn it back on again.

Did this, and it just came straight back to exactly how it should be with no other faffing around. Hope it comes into use to someone else!

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 12

I think the OP was referring to the YouView menus and not the normal TV channel. What can cause this with YouView guide/menus is accidentally pressing the 'zoom' button on the remote control!

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 6 of 12

Is this not what the  ZOOM  button does on the BT remote?

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 12

Now if only there was a deja-vu button 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
ozsat
Expert
Message 8 of 12

Or even a REPEAT button Smiley Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
Robertadams
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

That works but I have found what causes it. Select chan 10(ITV3) and the fault re-appears. Instead of switching off use the "P" button down arrow to below chan 7 and the fault disappears.
0 Ratings
JohnLW
Message 10 of 12

What a load of **bleep** BT. There is a software fault. Nobody is zooming or doing anything wrong. Admit it and get it sorted!!!
0 Ratings