cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Second BT Youview Box

I have 2 BT Youview Box. One is already connected to my LG 4K Smart TV.

I was thinking of connecting the unused BT Youview Box to my LG's spare HDMI port and use it as a recorder (Hard Drive) when I am watching terrestrial Freeview TV.

So basically if I turn off my main BT youview Box, I record and watch programs of Freeview TV by using the second Youview Box.

Is it possible? If it is, to be honest, I have no idea how to achieve this connection. Any help or advice is really appreciated. Thank you.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Second BT Youview Box

It's possible but the question is why?

One recordable youview box connected to one TV allows you to watch one freeview channel or subscripition channel whilst watching another freeview channel or subscription channel.

If you really want to do it then you just loop the TV aerial from one box to another, connect a network cable to each and connect each box to different HDMI inputs on your TV but again I say Why

If you found this post helpful 🙂 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below. On the other hand, if you found it unhelpful 😞 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below . 😄
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Is it a capacity issue - either in terms of recordable hours or simultaneous recording on multiple channels?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Thank you for the replies.

My wife records and never wants to delete....driving me crazy🙂

Another reason, I am be in honest, pure curiosity.......also just want to make use of the second box. 

Message 5 of 11

Perhaps a more practical use could be to connect it to a TV in another room?

If you found this post helpful 🙂 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below. On the other hand, if you found it unhelpful 😞 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below . 😄
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 11

I am afraid we've only got one TV.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 7 of 11

My wife records and never wants to delete....driving me crazy🙂

@erg  I think we all know somebody who likes to keep recordings forever 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Just an afterthought, it wouldn't be practical to use two boxes on one TV as both boxes would respond simultaneously to the remote control

Message 9 of 11

@V_Meldrewwrote:

Just an afterthought, it wouldn't be practical to use two boxes on one TV as both boxes would respond simultaneously to the remote control

I think you could control the second box via the BT TV app (and potentially watch recordings via the Cast function) but that's getting feindishly complicated for limited gain! 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Agreed. There are ways around the remote control issue, for example putting one of the boxes in standby manually whilst using the remote control to programme the other to record, but personally I would find it to cumbersome to bother doing it. Perhaps I'm just lazy  🛌

0 Ratings