cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pix1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Second Remote

Can anyone tell me if I can sync a second remote to work with the you view + box. The remote will work for all functions but will not turn the TV off and on. I have tried the code for our TV (LG) code 2992 but the blue light stays on and becomes completely unresponsive until I take the batteries out and start it again. Thank you in advance.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Second Remote

Absolutely no reason why you can't have 2 remotes working.

I've 2 Youview boxes & 2 Panasonic TVs & both Youview remotes work both TVs.

0 Ratings
Pix1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Ok thanks, now I know it could work, do you have any suggestions to how to get it to work?

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

How did you get your first remote working? If you're following all the same steps, then it can only be a problem with your second remote.

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

By the way, I've had the same problem before with the newer remotes appearing to 'freeze up' and the light being solid blue. In my case, the instructions for programming it were missing a step to press the 'OK' button.

After you've entered your code, the light on the remote goes solid blue. If you press 'OK' to store your changes at this point, the light goes out, and THEN you can press the TV standby button to turn your TV back on. Then everything should be working.

0 Ratings