cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Second box

I’m planning to move from Sky to BT TV. 

I want to have access to tv in a second room. I already have an Amazon Fire stick which would give me access to iPlayer, ITV hub, Now tv (with BT subscription) Netflix etc etc.

Is there anything I could get on a BT multiroom box, that I couldn’t get on the Fire Stick? Otherwise no point in me ordering a second BT box. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Second box

As long as you can get NOW TV on your second TV  there is no extra channels as far as I am aware I have BT multiroom the only advantage is recording on the extra box .

I have three BT boxes (greedy I know) Lounge,Kitchen and Bedroom you can watch all three at the same time execpt the subscription channels (300 onwards) where it is maximun of two if you try all three you get a message on the last one you tuned in to switch one off or tune to a freeview channell

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean that BT have supplied you with a second recordable box?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Sorry about the long reply

I ordered Multi room for the Extra £5 a month and it all arived execpt the extra box. I allready had a extra box so was not that bothered but the multi room would not work I rung them up and they said as they had only sent out one box milti room had not been configuired at their end and they did it there and then and it all worked but they said I was entitled to an extra box and they would sent it out and I should replace my older one and save the other or do with it as I wanted when the second box arrived it was a standard recordable not 4K as the first one was  not shure what you are supposed to get  but I ended up with 2x recordable boxes 1 is 4K and 1 standardplus my one I allready had

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you had a good result with that.
0 Ratings