Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
impydave
Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Series link no longer working at all! 4k Box

Hi all

Anyone else having issues with their 4k box since the updates with the losing of series links?

Pretty much every program I have linked to record has dropped the series link, even Neighbours on Channel 5 for the wife! That's never missed an episode for the last 6 months! and then it's recorded today's and now vanished as well... Happening on all channels freeview, and subscription. Really starting to annoy me! 

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 22

Re: Series link no longer working at all! 4k Box

Hi @impydave 

So far my T4000 is recording the subscription channels correctly. I use Freesat so I can't comment on Freeview.

There's another thread here  on recent failed recordings.

Was there an error code? It's also worth scrolling back in the EPG to see if there were any late programme changes. I've had a few failed recordings lately with C5 on Freesat, it's because the EPG isn't up to date so what the box is expecting to record never actually gets broadcast.

It might be worth going into Maintenance Mode  and trying a factory reset (keep recordings). 

0 Ratings
impydave
Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Thank you @Andy005 for the reply, I have had zero failed recordings, the next scheduled recording in the series just vanishes! stuff on the BBC, Quest, Comedy Central, Channel 4, and 5, Discovery, and History! I will follow the factory reset in maintenance mode and see if that fixes it.
0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 22

That could simply be that the broadcasters haven't linked them properly, but you're quoting quite a few there.

Make sure that you check your scheduled recordings using the BT TV app rather than the box. The box will only show the next recording, so with a daily show you'll only see the next one and not all of them. The app will show them all so it's easier to spot problems with any programmes broadcast more frequently than once a week.

impydave
Contributor
Message 5 of 22

That's just it I did check the app and nothing! Gone from there too I often go in to the scheduled on the box just to see what's coming up and that's what alerted me as it had gone from the usual 2 pages to just 3 scheduled recordings! 

I'll do the maintenance reset later and see if that helps. Not sure what to do if it doesn't! 

0 Ratings
impydave
Contributor
Message 6 of 22

@Andy005 well I've done the full reset this morning and once again it's dropped Neighbours on C5? Although the scheduled recording is still showing on the BT TV app?

Have I got a dying box now? As the wife is getting annoyed with it dropping stuff and I must admit it's annoying me now! 

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 22

I would suggest that you take it up with BT and try for a replacement box @impydave . However, as Series Links are the responsibility of the individual Broadcasters such as C5, BT might try to brush it off. However, the amount of failures recently suggest that it's more than just the Broadcaster not doing it properly.

BT and Freeview are currently investigating recording failures since the addition of the Now TV channels last Thursday, it's possible that it could be linked to that. It may be worth waiting until a fix is rolled out for that, if it was your box at fault then I would expect it to more than just dropping links.

If it was me I would cancel the Series Links and spend 5 minutes adding every programme back to record as one offs for the next 8 days, carry on until BT and Youview roll out a fix for the recording failures. Then try SL again. It's a bit of a pain to have to do it but at least you should get your recordings, in fact I would also record on +1s as well if I could. 

impydave
Contributor
Message 8 of 22

Thanks @Andy005 I think it could be an issue with BT and Freeview so I'll wait a bit and like you say I'll just add the recordings manually as single episodes for the next week and see how it goes 👍

Thanks again! 

Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 22

A fix will be rolling out in the next 24hrs @impydave  for those that have had failed recordings. If you want get it now and see if it helps your problem then follow:

"We have implemented a fix which will roll out over the next 24 hours, if you would like to see the effect sooner you can:

1) Remove the network cable from the back of the set-top box

2) Wait until you see the YVM102 error displayed

3) Plug the network cable back into your set-top box."

impydave
Contributor
Message 10 of 22

Thanks @Andy005 done it but it doesn't appeared to have worked! I can now see that any paid subscription channel shows on the recording "series scheduled" but ALL freeview channels even though set to record the series when you initially set it to record only show "episode scheduled" so I fear this is like you said a freeview/BT issue and not my box at all... Can this be escalated in any way? 

0 Ratings