cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 22

Re: Series link no longer working at all! 4k Box

I don't have an aerial so I can't replicate any issues @impydave . Hopefully a Moderator will pick this up for you.

impydave
Contributor
Message 12 of 22

Thanks @Andy005 I have tried again today and all subscription channels set a "series scheduled" recording, but each and every freeview channel only sets to record a "Episode scheduled"

How can I make the mods aware of this, as I feel I'm no longer getting the service I'm paying for, if the box can't cope with a simple freeview series link then I'm ready to fight to get my contract cancelled.

Thanks for your help, and hopefully someone else can advise as it seems I'm the only one having this issue, so now I'm thinking it is the box!

Dave

0 Ratings
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 22

Do you get the Series option if you set a recording with the BT app?

I think this has happened before, I've had it with the BT channels I think. It can only be a software problem but it's worth contacting BT anyway.

0 Ratings
impydave
Contributor
Message 14 of 22

Yes @Andy005 I do get the option to record the series via both the box and the app, but when you choose it all it does on freeview channels is schedule a single episode? on BT's subscription channels it correctly schedules the series.

I'll give it a few days to see what happens and then call BT.

Thanjks

Dave

0 Ratings
impydave
Contributor
Message 15 of 22

Time to resurrect this again, have put up with this issue now for months and if anything it's got worse, can't get through on the phone, tried twice and gave up after being on hold for over an hour!

I can only find 1 program that will series link now, Click on BBC News, however all it does is record each and every episode, repeats, everything!

Can anyone advise what I can do as I am not paying for a service where I have to manually set each episode to record individually! this box is absolutely useless to us now, I find myself using my TV's in built Freesat tuner now for regular programs as the series link works perfectly.

What options do I have?  

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 22

Hi @impydave 

Reading your earlier posts in particular message 6 in this thread you mention

I've done the full reset this morning ..   (ie in February)

Does this mean that you have tried the full factory reset that deletes recordings on the box ?

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 22

Hi @impydave 

Reading your earlier posts in particular message 6 in this thread you mention

I've done the full reset this morning ..   (ie in February 27th)

Does this mean that you have tried the full factory reset that deletes recordings on the box ?

0 Ratings
impydave
Contributor
Message 18 of 22

@zulu17 yep done everything now. Actually managed to get through this morning to BT and now have an engineer coming on Saturday to replace the box 👍 

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 22

Good , post back with any issues after the replacement box is setup .

If you do get further issues I suggest checking recordings for both a subscription channel and a  (non news) Freeview channel to see if you have issues on content from both types.

News channel programming due to the nature of rolling news coverage , late changes  to  schedules  often present issues with recordings as the broadcasters often do not provide or change the data necessary to facilitate accurate recording. 

0 Ratings
Lillian69Hot
Beginner
Message 20 of 22

Hi

We are having the same problem, since September, Surely BT have sorted this out by now. Cant get through on the phone so no idea what to do next, will try the reboot option tonight & see what happens

Gloria

0 Ratings