cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsj365
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Shortcut to MyTV Recordings?

Is there a shortcut to MyTV Recordings when watching live TV or do I need to navigate through Youview menu to MyTV each time? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 9

Re: Shortcut to MyTV Recordings?

Not sure what you mean by navigate through.

Press the Blue Home button and select My TV

0 Ratings
dsj365
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

On the old box it was Home> left > Ok which was manageable for my elderly mum-in-law. on the new box it’s moved location in the menu which is proving a bit confusing for her. So yeah, having a one button shortcut to MyTV or Recordings would be a great help, if there’s a way to set this up?
Also watching her having to press zoom every time to try and read the guide font is painful, is there anyway to make zoomed-in the default (other than buying her a bigger TV!?)
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9

I'm not familiar with the older boxes but from what you say it is easier now (see message 2).

The new boxes do have accessibility features but I've never used them so wouldn't presume to comment, try pressing the Home button and select Settings 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

There is an code for My TV Recordings but the standard remote control does not have a button for it.

I coded it into my Harmony remote control many years ago but all I can remember is that the details on how to do this are on the Youview community forums somewhere. At least they were on the old community forums and no idea if that sort of useful information migrated across from the awful forums software to the even worse forum software they moved to - I bailed out at that point after having been an original Youview trialist (don't blame me for the non-implementation of all the useful changes we trialists suggested to them).

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 7 of 9

@dsj365 

Unless you get into the complications of a programmable remote - as mentioned - then there's nothing to be done with the Youview box. Other brands like Panasonic & Humax can do it with a single button press but not Youview.

I use a couple of Panasonics and a single press of the Guide button or the Video button will turn the box & the TV on and switch you to the Guide or the Recordings list. Works the same when everything is on in normal viewing.

0 Ratings
dsj365
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for the guidance all, as with most things a little practice and patience and I’m sure it will become the new norm! 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

@zulu17The topic I used had step by step details of how to code it in the MyHarmony app used to set up the remote control.

The other option with a Harmony remote control is just code it as a macro Menu+Right+Right.  This is actually what I have done to also set up a Scheduled button with MyTV+Right though this now takes me to the Watch List and I have never got round to adding another Right command as going straight to the Watch List is more frequently useful anyway.

I can heartily recommend a Harmony remote to anyone who is either looking for a new gadget to play with or fed up with try to control Youview box and TV and any other AV kit with an armful of remote controls trying to work out which one to use.  Though you may struggle using mine the way I have it configured as I have some esoteric functions assigned to some of the buttons such as Long Press Blue to switch audio to FM radio to listen to some relaxing Classic FM rather than blaring ads or depressing news while deciding what next to watch (Long Press Red restores normal audio and ensures the TV is switched to the correct HDMI input which sometimes gets confused).

0 Ratings