Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 16

Sky Sport EPG issues

Go to solution

Two issues with the EPG of Sky Sports 1 &2  today - hopefully they will be resolved,.

1 )  The two Sky Sports channels are in the Youview EPG but are not appearing when using the Youview IoS app.

2)  It is not possible to set a recording for many of the programs - the R button and the Set Recording optiomn when you select i(nfo) on a forthcoming programme does nothing on several programs --- specific example Live Capital One Cup on SS1 at &pm Wednesday.

The first issue was raised on the Youview community late this afternoon but as yet has not been responded to.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 16

Re: Sky Sport EPG issues

Go to solution
Cheers Zulu, I'll have a look.

Steve
BT TV expertSteveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
AlanS
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution
Same for me but I managed to record via yv app which is certainly not ideal
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Yes the channels now appear on the Youview IOS app  ... but when attempting to use app to book a recording  Live Capital One cup tonight at 7pm ss1 ... it initially accepted the booking but then  a few minutes later reported  Booking Update - Your recording failed due to booking error.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

AS for recording from the EPG -

currently -

I can set recordings for the two championship games on Saturday

I cannot set recordings for tonights Capital Cup game or either of  the two Premier League games on Sunday.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Approximately 20 minutes later 

I can now set recordings for tonights Capital Cup game  but not  either of  the two Premier League games on Sunday.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Issue remains unresolved -  Still unable to set reminder , set recording  for many of the programs showing in the EPG for SS. Not sure who Youview , BT or the EPG provider is owning this problem.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Zulu,

As you say it's now working on the YouView app.

I've looked thought the TV Guide and can't find any unrecordable items for the next 7 days. Do you see any still? If so I will write a script to pull them out and pass back to youview.

Steve

BT TV expertSteveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Steve - thanks for the update.

The programmes that are in the EPG and don't offer SET REMINDER or RECORDing have significantly reduced.

I believe there are a few tomorow for example the (rerun) of Ford Monday night Football on SS2 at 1pm -3:30pm  , Live greyhound Racing on SS at 2pm-5:30pm plus some of the WWE programs on SS2 in the evening,

What I have experienced is that programs previously not setably for reminders/recording become availble  during the day of broadcast. So for example tonights Live Ford Monday night Football on SS1  (7pm) was not recordable until just after noon today. Similarly yesterdays live premier football on SS1 was only able to be set for recording during the day yesterday.

Fortunately I was able to set up on the day although I did miss a program on Saturday night due to not being able to set an advance program.

My impression is that the bulk if not all of the problems relate to those programs that were in the Youview database at launch of the SS channels. The more recent additions of programs in the guide seem OK.

There is a seperate issue that the SS2 schedules in Youview EPG are tending not to be updated with program revisions when for example the Cricket test matches end one or two days early. The listings revisions/changes appear to be widely just not on Youview EPG.

A seperate observation is that the BT TV website TV guide doesn't include the SS channels.

https://tv.bt.com/tvguide?s_cid=con_fly_TV_TVGuide

BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Awesome thanks Zulu, that's given me a big clue - it's only happening on non-trialist boxes!

I will look at the metadata being sent to the box.

With regards to the bt.com update - we have a change request pending, there are still a few t's to cross with the channel launches!

Steve

BT TV expertSteveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings