Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 18

Sky Sports Extra epg not updated

Go to solution

I'm opening this as a seperate thread as it's been reported here  https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Sky-sports-rebrand/td-p/1756833/page/51 that the Burnley v Crystal Palace EPL game this coming Sunday (10th) isn't being shown on Main Event but rather on Sky Sports Extra. The match kicks off at 13.30 with the programming beginning at 12.30 on the Sky platform (Premier League channel).

As of this morning the Youview epg doesn't reflect this information with the Extra channel still showing as broadcasting "This is Sky Sports Extra". As this channel only exists on BT TV does anyone at BT know if Sky are likely to update the epg to reflect the odd game that will be shown on Extra?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 18

Re: Sky Sports Extra epg not updated

Go to solution

Still not updated! Are BT going to sit idly by and allow this to happen without stepping in and contacting Sky to rectify? I don't care who's to blame but in this day and age it shouldn't be difficult to add one programme to the guide. Currently it looks like another dig by Sky toward BT customers as no-one else but ourselves get the channel anyway, so clearly no onus on Sky to worry too much about it.

0 Ratings
ozsat
Expert
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

As this channel seems to be able to opt from one channel to another to pick an event - I suspect it is BT that should so the EPG to match.

But a poor show whoever.

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited with BT Max TV package (inc. UHD).
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Thankfully Sarah over on the Youview Community Forum has managed to fix this for us.

She had the following to say as the app had the sd schedule correct but not the hd channel schedule:

There are now agreements in place for the schedule to be made available further in advance then it was previously which should prevent issues like this popping up again in the future

I'm assuming from this that she is referring to all the guides, apps and onscreen epg info.

0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution
With the test match finishing early I wonder if the game will move back to SS Main Event leaving Extra empty once again
0 Ratings
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution
Sky Sports website now has the match on Main Event. My youview epg still has the cricket on. This really isnt good enough, sadly.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

@benwiddowson wrote:
With the test match finishing early I wonder if the game will move back to SS Main Event leaving Extra empty once again

I think they are broadcasting it on both.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

The epg for either channel hasn't changed but they are showing the game on both just now EXCEPT there is no sound on the Extra channel (which also looks softer to me, possibly only an sd feed, but that may just be my eyes). Definitely sound and hd on Main Event.

0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution
I have sound on Extra and it appears to be inHD
0 Ratings
Highlighted
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution
I don't have sound on extra either. This was the channel I set record for as I thought I would be out during the match. Sadly the way the match is going I've been able to watch it all on Main Event (!) but if I'd come home to find I had a spineless recording I'd be really fed up.
0 Ratings