Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 61

Re: Sky Sports Main Event UHD/HDR

It’d be a good barker for Discovery+. 
(Off topic, I know!)

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 61

Back on topic. I’ve just had a look at the NOW homepage and reference to Sport memberships appears to have been removed at the moment and it only mentions Entertainment and Cinema. Could it be that they are updating the information about Sport memberships due to possible changes to be introduced as soon as tomorrow. The last general discounted price for the monthly sport membership available directly from NOW expired on 14th July.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 61

They might, although the sign up page for full price Sky Sports from NOW is still there.

I suspect the lack of a sports offer at the moment might be because the EFL starts this weekend and the Premier League the week after. 

If you don't get an up front discount, you will when you cancel the pass or you get a come back offer once it lapses, that's normally how it works when you go direct with NOW. 

I just can't see them offering full UHD HDR sport through NOW when they will want to drive take up of Sky Glass (terrible TV) or the standalone pucks when they launch, as the premium options.

Also knowing Sky, they just won't let a competitor be in a position to offer their UHD HDR content as well as it's own, it just isn't in their DNA. 

Not much longer to wait and find out.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 24 of 61

I’m on a heavily discounted price for Sky Sports directly from NOW which I’ve had for a few years now, so I’m familiar with how to achieve the discounts. However, I find it surprising that they aren’t offering a Season Ticket with it being so close to the kick off of the football season. They certainly did last year. You had to pay 12 months up front and it worked out at c£16.50 per month (excluding Boost).

The points that you make about Sky Sports UHD/HDR not being made available via NOW are all perfectly valid, of course. However, I’m clinging onto the hope that something is afoot this year which makes me think that it just might be.

Message 25 of 61

Did they do an F1 "season pass" this year?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 61

@stereohaven Yes the offer for F1 was £20 per month for 9 months this year and you didn’t have to pay upfront for it. I believe you got all 11 channels for that and not just F1. 

Message 27 of 61

@DaveSwan These channels that you picked up have now appeared on the TV guide with the programme guide saying "Coming soon"...

390 - Sony TV HD
391 - Sony Max
392 - Utsav Gold HD
393 - Utsav Plus HD
394 - Zee TV HD
395 - Zee Cinema HD
396 - Colors HD
397 - Colors Cineplex

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 61

They’re actually all still carrying video and programming.

Multiple audio tracks and subtitles are present on a few too.

The ‘coming soon’ message must be coming from an alternative point. Does it look like a video stream or load like a interactive application? Black text on white or the reverse?

It seems BT TV through YouView has a bit more of life to live before retirement.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 61

New channels are showing in the BT TV app too

EB100302-C1E6-46A4-9F63-BF25693F6217.jpeg

Message 30 of 61

@DaveSwan It's the usual thing of needing to activate the channel but that then comes up with a message saying it's not possible at the moment. Programme listings appear begin to appear from Friday so maybe the launch is later this week though the next question would be what package these channels are included within...

0 Ratings