cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 61

Re: Sky Sports Main Event UHD/HDR

Glad you feel you have a great deal, ultimately customers need to feel they have access to the content they want, in the format they want at the best price for them 👍🏻

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 52 of 61

@Brucemeister5 @stereohaven 

thanks for the interesting discussion. Instead of BT accessing SKY Sports UHD content via NOW, is it not possible that BT might carry the new Sky Sports Main Event UHD channel directly. BT does this already for the Eurosport 1 and 2 channels as part of the Big Sport  and VIP packages. (Also, BT has just announced the Asian Mix package which doesn't involve NOW so it looks like they're still open to content  agreements beyond NOW.) Maybe providing Sky Sports UHD content on-demand wouldn't be on offer - which might mirror the situation should BT Ultimate be made available on Sky via red button. This is all pure speculation on my part, but what's the harm in that?

Message 53 of 61

It’s all good debate. 👍🏻

My best guess, with the information we have currently, is that is the most likely outcome and BT Sport/NOW Sky Sports customers get access to the Sky Sports Main Event Ultra HDR channel, assuming you have the line speed to watch BT Sport Ultimate.

I don’t see UHD content across the board coming to NOW soon personally, so a standalone channel deal seems the most likely in my view.

————————————————————-
Message 54 of 61

I’ve only ever looked at this from the point of view that it’s the way for BT & Sky to have access to each other’s 4K HDR  Sports content on their respective platforms rather than being the gateway for further 4K content to be made available via NOW, which I think is unlikely.

There was an interesting development over the weekend when someone who is known to work in the industry posted something on another forum which gave a very heavy hint that Sky Sports  4K HDR content is coming to BTTV “ in the not too distant  future”. He hasn’t posted on that particular forum for over a year.

Message 55 of 61

Any news on this. … I either get too much delay watching Bt sport via Xbox - get texts before I see goals !, or can’t get Dolby atmos only Dolby digital plus (and pic delayed but not as bad!) on Samsung app ..

Would love Bt sport uhd via my sky box !
0 Ratings
Message 56 of 61

@lookalikey BT Sport 4K HDR was supposed to have been available via the red button on Sky in time for the new Premier League season, but it was pulled at very short notice due to ‘technical issues’. No date has been given now as far as I’m aware. There have been problems with the BT Sport Ultimate HDR channel 465 on the BT Pro tv boxes since the beginning of the Premier League season. It’s possible that the two issues may not be entirely unrelated. The BT Pro tv boxes are supposed to be capable of delivering UHD HDR using both the chosen method adopted by BT and also the method preferred by Sky and the BBC. 

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 61

@DarrenDev any update on this launch ? 

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 61

No update I'm afraid - it's completely in Sky's hands. It was suggested that it was going to take a while, as it'll need a software update on all models of Sky box (even those that don't support it) which will need to go through a lot of testing and phased roll out.

Message 59 of 61

Ah ! Ok ! Thanks useful ! 

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 61

@DarrenDevwrote:

No update I'm afraid - it's completely in Sky's hands. It was suggested that it was going to take a while, as it'll need a software update on all models of Sky box (even those that don't support it) which will need to go through a lot of testing and phased roll out.

Are you rolling out Sky Sports UHD HDR content on BT TV this month or next?

————————————————————-
0 Ratings