cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Sky Sports and NOW? Any news?

I thought BT were due to announce a deal with NOW TV and all the Sky Sports channels in time for the new football season?

Can't find the origina lthread I posted on about it.

I presume it's not going to happen now???

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Sky Sports and NOW? Any news?

It's still happening, just no firm date set yet, only estimates.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 14

It’s annoying ain’t it.

i was looking forward for this before the new football season 😠 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 14

My money is on the end  of this year/early next year at the earliest.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 14

No idea if it’s relevant, but was the BT and Sky understanding ( Sky being able to offer BTSport as part of a Sky Sports package to Sky customers, Sky presumably buying in ‘wholesale’ access to BT Sport, in return for all Sky Sports channels being available on the Now TV app on a BT TV box ) struck when the dirty digger was in control of Sky, and now he has sold out to Comcast, perhaps they have a different take on this ‘deal’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 14

i've never considered the Comcast angle... That could be a possibility but i'd say it's more to do with Sky & NowTV not being able to get 1080p and 50fps working properly... Everyone else has no problems but Sky seem incapable of doing it..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 14

Sky... how they are the Market leader is beyond me ...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 14

If I was a betting man I would have a couple of quid on this never happening, well, not as planned with a NOW TV integration anyway.

Sky can deliver all of their channels today in full HD via multicast, the question is do they still want to via BT/NOW TV?

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

@stereohaven 

That's the big question. We all know Sky can provide the channels via multicast as is the case with Cinema & Main Event on the BT epg (with Sports at full HD 50fps). The linear channels and NowTV movies on demand sit nicely together with the Cinema package currently so surely not a big leap to get everything working the same, albeit 1080p/50fps rather than the current output for movies.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 14

@stereohaven 

Which is like saying do SKY want to be able to wholesale BT Sports and be able to bundle it within a sport package. That was the deal that was agreed not just what BT are getting from the deal.

0 Ratings