Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Sky Sports cancellation

Go to solution

If I cancel Sky Sports will it be shut off immediately or is it a 30 day notice period? I think it's time to get shot of it but have no problem with the notice period as there are a couple of things I'd still like to watch this incoming month. In truth the faffing around with the partial sports coverage coupled with the price has just about done it for me. BT Sport is much better value for money by a country mile in my book.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sky Sports cancellation

Go to solution

It's supposed to cancel whenever your next payment is due. In practice mine was cancelled immediately

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks. I don't mind that so long as BT don't mess it up and continue to charge me for the days I don't have it.

0 Ratings
david1982
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Didn't work that way for me. I cancelled last Sunday 23 October and am still paying till 22 Nov as I was told it's a monthly bolt on.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Anyone got the number to call to get it cancelled? I was able to select 'cancel sky sports' within the 'bolt ons' section of 'my bt' but there's no mention of it having been selected on the confirmation page.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, try 0800 783 1401

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
david1982
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
I called 0800 432 0016 . It was in the email I got advising the Sky Sports changes. Hope this helps
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks guys. I've been out all day so didn't get to make the call. I don't know who marked this as solved but it wasn't me. I'll get back to you guys upon cancellation and let you know which of the numbers worked.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

An update as promised guys. I got through on 0800 432 0016 and had the call answered and Sky Sports cancellation confirmed in a total of about 5 minutes. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Smiley Happy

***UPDATE*** I'm awaiting my promised confirmation email but I can tell you that the cancellation has been immediate. The Main Event channel is not now available on my box. Let's hope come billing date that everything is ok and I'm not being charged for this from this point on.

When I go into My BT I'm once again getting the option to subscribe to Sky Sports so hopefully billing wise all will be fine.

0 Ratings