Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Sky Sports

Go to solution

I have recently cancelled my sky sports 1 sub via the BT web page. I was under the impression that I had to give 31days notice but it is already disconnected after just a few days. Does this mean that you get charged for the notice period without actually receiving the programme? Surely that cannot be right, I don,t mind that the programme has stopped but don,t see why I should be charged for the notice period if I am not getting the programme.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sky Sports

Go to solution

Sky sports would be a bolt on to your BT package.

Typically boltons would have a minimum subscription period ... Eg 1 month.

So assuming you have passed that minimum you should be able to cancel the bolt on .. My experience is that if you notified  BT that you wanted to stop a bolton would  they  would cease it sometime within the next 2 working days. Any rebate for the bolt on due to it being advanced billed the previous month would appear on the next bill.

Tags (1)
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Many thanks for that, I didn't realise the one month only applied to initial minimum term, thought one months notice was needed regardless of how long you had it. Certainly makes it more flexible to dip in and out if there's a particular event you want to watch.

0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I took Sky Sports bolt on but decided that I wanted to cancel it and did it over the phone but was told I would need to have it for the full month, I would have liked it to be cancelled then but they said it wasn't possible.

It was the next day from ordering it that I phoned to cancel so how come I needed it for the full month and others can have it cancelled straight away?

0 Ratings
olgitnorm
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

If you read post two you will see it states the minimum term is 1 month, it is only after the minimum term you can cancel straight away. In my case I had it for about 6 months and when I cancelled it finished within a couple of days whereas I had been under the impression I would have had to give a months notice.

0 Ratings
magpie03
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
No worries, thanks for the reply.
0 Ratings