cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruth554422
Expert
Message 21 of 27

Re: Sky Store Player no longer available on YouView from 30th November 2016

Do you not understand how you view works the removal of sky store has nothing to do with BT .the removing of the app is down to sky.you view is a platform the boxes can be obtained in 4 ways. Retailers is store's sell them for the free apps as a example plus some pay stuff such as Netflix. Go to currys you will see them in store. The other ways are from BT talk talk or plus net. You view is a platform that BT have chosen to run there pay service on. The only app they control is BT player. The rest of the apps are controlled by the relivent content owners such as BBC ITV etc
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 27

This change is really not blameable on BT. The only people to blame are Sky themselves. It's totally up to the maintainers of those apps as to whether or not they want to be on the Youview platform.
0 Ratings
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 27

So next is now TV ?
0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 24 of 27

Well we rang sky store and they agreed to send us a free now TV box to use the movies on.
0 Ratings
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 27

Same as me I've got to their TV boxes I've got the up-to-date now TV with over 60 free channels and live entertainment channels live movie channels right sports channels and on demand and catch up free of charge
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 26 of 27

chromecast is v. cheap and takes up no space( looks like a large USB thumb drive) You also get a cool slide show when not casting 🙂 I never used it, but probably Sky removed Sky store since they were embarrased about how little value for money it was.

0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 27

According to a report on BroadcastNow, Sky pulled the Sky Store app because of a significant increase in charges by YouView for their access to the platform.
Interesting that Discovery also pulled the Quest Player too - wonder if that was for the same reason.

It's probably cheaper for Sky to send out free/discounted NowTV boxes to those who've made purchases than to continue paying high platform access fees.
0 Ratings