Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mccallud
Contributor
Message 71 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

Hi Martin

Some were on Sky Sports 1 ,2 & 5 I seem to recall!

Just a bit frustrating I have waited 4 years to get Sky Sports back from BT and not flaming Sky changing the goal posts !

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 72 of 540

Go to solution

Next weeks Total TV Guide magazine says that BT is is to get Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports  premier Leauge. 

It also shows Sky Sports Golf as being n Vision +. I thought BT was closing or had now closed the old Version + service.

Darren

0 Ratings
andystockbvb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 73 of 540

Go to solution
Just been informed by someonw on twitter that they've been told that all Sky Sports channels will be available on BT TV from 18 July 2017. BT to send an email out on 17 July 2017.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 74 of 540

Go to solution

Indeed BT have promised news on the 17th. However, when asked today by the guys at listings site Digiguide, neither Sky nor BT could answer their query as to which channels BT were getting. Sky passed them on to BT, who referred them back to Sky.

0 Ratings
IanW17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 540

Go to solution
Well, That sounds encouraging. Seems both parties might be hard at work to come to a compromise?
Let's hope so. If Sky and BT can kiss and make up, who knows, we might even see Fox return to the line up.
0 Ratings
santerg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 76 of 540

Go to solution
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sky-sports-announce-new-changes-13316335

These guys make a suggestion but again it's a bit vague. We'll all find out the 18th but agree price will need reviewing if the second channel we get is not a proper channel as such. If not then I'll be sorting now tv for a few quid more a month and get the lot anyway
0 Ratings
layman72
Contributor
Message 77 of 540

Go to solution

Don't know if this has been posted but make of it what you will. Posted on twitter a few minutes ago.

http://www.seenit.co.uk/bt-and-sky-agree-new-sky-sports-deal/

0 Ratings
Harriers25
Contributor
Message 78 of 540

Go to solution
Unless they've improved it since the last time I watched a live Premier League game on NOW TV about 18 months ago, the picture quality is awful. It struggled with the fast moving images.Much better quality on BT TV.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hooba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 79 of 540

Go to solution

If it is just the two channels I'll stick to NOW TV for my Sky Sports fix. Yeah, picture quality not great, but not too deadful through Apple TV. I'm on a £20 a month deal for all 10 channels, which I can access through 4 devices. So that gets me Sky Sports multi room. Which I can't get through BT.

I'd like to see how much F1 gets shown on the Main Events channel. If there was sufficient coverage I might be tempted to bin off NOW TV and switch to buying through BT. I only really watch the footy and F1. 

As as an aside, the new pricing options from Sky aren't too spectacular.... assuming most would like at least a couple of channels it's about a fiver a month cheaper than currently. Not going to tempt me back.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 80 of 540

Go to solution

Its not really 2 channels though. It is ONE channel with the other a part time channel which will only be used to show an EPL football match if there is a bigger event on the 1 channel we will be offered. Looking at the schedule listings on Digiguide there is going to be an awful lot of Sky Sports News content in the 1st week or two on this new Main Event channel. At the current pricing of £27 for Sky Sports 1 & 2 in HD this new package (in my opinion) needs to come in at a much lower price point.

0 Ratings