Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wentey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 91 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution
Thanks the post david very helpful!

Do you think BT will ever offer multi room for those subscribers who take sky sports?

🙂
0 Ratings
Wentey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 92 of 540

Go to solution
And sorry assume the price for 2 channels HD is rating the same?
0 Ratings
keendartfan
Aspiring Expert
Message 93 of 540

Go to solution
Anybody know what channel Super League will be shown on?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hooba
Aspiring Contributor
Message 94 of 540

Go to solution

The NowTV FAQ says that the Main Event channel will show every F1 race. If that's right, I'm cancelling my NowTV sub and will sign up through BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 95 of 540

Go to solution

Where do England soccer internationals figure in this.. are they considered as a main event ?

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 96 of 540

Go to solution

Two points I'd like to pick on after reading the previous page.

1. There is an option to upgrade to sd sky sports at £22 and also for hd at £27 on MyBT. The single channel options were removed yesterday but if you read StewM's post you will understand why. Problem I see arising is for those who were paying for a single channel (either sd or hd) as I'd assume they'll now be pushed into paying £27 as the Main Event and Extra channel are now being bundled as one. You can't choose not to take Extra.

2. Extra would appear not to be a full time channel but only being utilised for the odd Premier League football match when there is a clash with a sporting fixture on the Main Event channel. Sky's own customers don't get the Extra channel (sorry StewM it's not the same for the other providers) as they of course will have the FULL dedicated Premier League channel to ensure there are no clashes.

Personally I feel Sky are going to keep BT's pricing at £27 in an attempt to prise customers away from BT when they eventually see how much they are really going to lose. You have to remember that if there are two big events, lets say rugby and golf, which clash, then Sky can decide which one to put on the Main Event channel for us as their own customers will have full access anyway. I can see this all being a bit messy down the line when things are dropped from Main Event.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 97 of 540

Go to solution

@keendartfanrugby will be on Action and Arena which we won't have access to.

0 Ratings
Harriers25
Contributor
Message 98 of 540

Go to solution

ITV currently have the rights to show all England football internationals.

keendartfan
Aspiring Expert
Message 99 of 540

Go to solution
Except for the new Nations League starting next year, will be shown by Sky
0 Ratings
Wentey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 100 of 540

Go to solution

I think we will have to wait and see how sky play it

They will want to ensure the OFCOM do not get directly involved again so they will play as nice as they have too.

With this in mind I think we will see almost all major sporting events on main event and when its not football this will go on BT extra.

Sky I think are polaying a bit of smoke and mirrors by creating all these extra channels to make exiting and potential new customers they are missing out but in reality 1.5 channels should in almost all circumstances cover most of it.

0 Ratings