Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 181 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution
BT won't change anything as they need the coverage for its sport channels (they don't have enough subscribers through thier own service and they need coverage for rights). The price will also not change as the price is paid straight the SKY and BT make nothing on it, so unless SKY discount the wholesale price (never going to happen) the price will be staying the same. Why would BT discount paying money to SKY that doesn't make sense.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 182 of 540

Go to solution

Absolutely. I think everyone needs to take a breath and vent their disappointment trowards Sky. As has been said it is Sky fixing the price (for their own sly motives). I get enough viewing from my BT TV subscription, and as a football fan BT Sports is excellent value for money for me. I won't ever go back to Sky, I left over 4 years ago, as I refuse to pay their over inflated prices.

0 Ratings
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 183 of 540

Go to solution
I can't get my head around the point of the main event channel.

In principle I'm interested. I like f1 and watch the odd bit of football. I currently use NowTV (through an Xbox one at 50fps - excellent fwiw!) but if Main Event is going to show every race, giving me recording options on youview that I don't currently enjoy with NowTV then I'd seriously consider going down that route. In fact it would be perfect for me.

However, when I've looked around it seems that if you're a Sky customer you only get Main Event if you've already subscribed to the full range of new channels. In which case you've already got the channel showing the sport that will be covered on Main Event, rendering the channel pointless?

Is that right? Something seems off with it and I don't like it when things seem too good to be true.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 184 of 540

Go to solution

The Main Event channel is indeed pointless to a Sky customer. As you rightly say they will have full coverage of the things we will get partial coverage of as Sky's customers will have already chosen the full suite of channels anyway.

In my view the channel was only created for distribution to BT so as not to fall foul of the regulators. It obviously means they can fulfil their obligation of providing full live coverage of the EPL to BT which is probably the main caveat between Sky and regulators.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 185 of 540

Go to solution

Lets hope BT get more sports content, I believe the Football league rights are up soon. Not sure when Premier league rights are due again?

0 Ratings
IanW17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 186 of 540

Go to solution
@Alan-Brazil that is clearly an offer price though, right?I need my BT Sports coverage, especially with all the European football being on there. Throw BT Sports in the mix and then you're easily paying over £80 A month. No thanks.

Reason why I left Sky was due to them wanting to charge me £125 A month and not willing to negotiate a price. I was previously a VIP subscriber, so they couldn't offer me anything. Now I pay just under £50 a month with BT. Throw Netflix in the mix and Sky's entertainment channels are redundant to me.

Let's see what happens on the 17th, but I am certain that the pricing will not budge. I can't see BT renegotiating their wholesale contract with Sky at short notice and why should they? They give a damn if you're not one of their customers.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 187 of 540

Go to solution

edited by mod

i have both BTTV full package and SKY Q full package. I can honestly say both gave plus and minus points, for what I watch Sky doesn't have much specific that BT don't and SKY Q also has bugs (not as annoying as the next gen ones but that are a year further down the development line than BT).

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 188 of 540

Go to solution
@scointer totally agree with you. Also lets not forget Sky are losing their content and subscribers. Be it to BT Sport, Amazon and Netflix. So much more excellent content is on these providers.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Alan-Brazil
Contributor
Message 189 of 540

Go to solution

@scointer

I use bt mobile, got a good deal with that. So i am a bt customer. Said i would never go back to BTTV. edited by mod

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 190 of 540

Go to solution
Not a silly post really, as you are posting in a BTTV forum.
0 Ratings