Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 191 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

@Alan-Brazil You are in the wrong section then, there is a mobile section, maybe you need me to point you to where you are going wrong

here you go

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Mobile-Apps/ct-p/BTMobile

you are not allowed to just come on to advertise Sky and its prices

Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 192 of 540

Go to solution

@IanW17 wrote:
@Alan-Brazil that is clearly an offer price though, right?I need my BT Sports coverage, especially with all the European football being on there. Throw BT Sports in the mix and then you're easily paying over £80 A month. No thanks.

Reason why I left Sky was due to them wanting to charge me £125 A month and not willing to negotiate a price. I was previously a VIP subscriber, so they couldn't offer me anything. Now I pay just under £50 a month with BT. Throw Netflix in the mix and Sky's entertainment channels are redundant to me.

Let's see what happens on the 17th, but I am certain that the pricing will not budge. I can't see BT renegotiating their wholesale contract with Sky at short notice and why should they? They give a damn if you're not one of their customers.

£125 a month!!! Jeez no wonder Sky are losing subscribers. I'm happy with BTTV, even with it's lousy CS. If there's a sport Sky has exclusive rights to that I wish to see, I google and find an alternative (legal) streaming supplier. May not be in true HD but they are there, all you have to do is a little research.

0 Ratings
Alan-Brazil
Contributor
Message 193 of 540

Go to solution
@scointer

Oops didn't realise i was restricted to only that section, you have my sincere apologies.
0 Ratings
IanW17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 194 of 540

Go to solution
Funny thing is, a couple of weeks later, Sky sent me a letter offering the full package (minus HD) for £32 a month for 12 months. Now they won't stop harassing me, haha. They have even offered to pay off my BT contract a couple of times. I'm happy with what I have at present though, well at least until the football season starts. I do have (legal) options though, just won't be in 'stunning HD'.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 195 of 540

Go to solution

@Alan-Brazil That's ok because you have already been asked by a moderator to stop advertising SKY on here so I presume your posts will be removed anyway

A lot lot of money for two exclusive shows lol

jam2000
Expert
Message 196 of 540

Go to solution
Obviously failed to read my post. I said most of the excellent content. HBO and Showtime have the odd show. AMC produced the Walking Dead. All new AMC content is on Netflix, Amazon and BT's exclusive AMC channel. Most of the new highly rated content and talked about shows are all on Amazon and Netflix.
0 Ratings
IanW17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 197 of 540

Go to solution
@Alan-Brazil Your last few response does come across as being a bit troll like though. Luckily the shows you have mentioned do not interest me. I think Netflix have far better shows. We are going off subject here a bit though.
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 198 of 540

Go to solution

Everyone has exclusive, house of cards, oitnb, fear the walking dead, the grand tour, son, etc etc. And that's without even talking sports. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Alan-Brazil
Contributor
Message 199 of 540

Go to solution
Yes way off subject, partially my fault, apologies. Don't really know why i feel the need to defend sky, or why some on here do the same with BT. They provide a service you either take or don't. There are other options out there.
0 Ratings
Alan-Brazil
Contributor
Message 200 of 540

Go to solution
No problem, i have been a bit of a fool on here this morning. I am partially responsible for taking this way off topic. So i am going to duck out of this thread and leave the discussion to people who are affected by the changes. Apologies to anyone offended or annoyed.
0 Ratings