Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andystockbvb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 211 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

If you just want to watch all the live Premier League and Champions League games BT TV will generally be the cheapest platform.

My BT TV package is £13 a month including BT Sport and HD pack. Add Sky Sports Main Event HD for £27. Is a total of £40 a month.

** Edited By Mod**

0 Ratings
DB54
Aspiring Contributor
Message 212 of 540

Go to solution

Hi
what are folks views on the likelihood of any Football League games being available ? 

0 Ratings
Adam80
Beginner
Message 213 of 540

Go to solution
Maybe the moderators can tell us??
0 Ratings
hyper01
Contributor
Message 214 of 540

Go to solution

Speculation on my part.

But probably the playoffs and league one games during internation breaks, beyond that I doubt they will show any.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
andy_m1
Contributor
Message 215 of 540

Go to solution

According to the NowTV website FAQS Main Event will have "Live Premier League football plus international qualifiers and the biggest games from EFL and La Liga, every F1® race, Ryder Cup and Major golf, England Test cricket, international Rugby Union, World Darts Championship and more."

The BT help site says with regards to Main Event:

"You can look forward to:

• England Test Match Cricket on 18 July
  • The Open Golf from 20 July
  • Live Super League action from 20 July
  • Live F1 Hungarian GP from 28 July"

Like I said earlier, I think this channel actually has serious potential and I've just taken the plunge - the beauty of it being the option to review things after a month.  I'll give it until mid-September - the Premier League season will be a month old and Sky will have had Hungary and Italy as exclusively live Grands Prix - and then I'll have another think.

FWIW I think an awful lot of attention has fallen on the idea that Sky want to prevent competitors having access to their content.  Whilst I have absolutely no doubt that this is the case as far as some sports are concerned, there are also other factors at play that aren't necessarily obvious to those who are only interested in football.  F1 in particular has been suffering from a fall in viewing figures after going partially behind a paywall - which is a problem for a sport which relies so heavily on visible sponsorship.  This might be a step towards addressing that problem as much as anything else.

I guess we'll see.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 216 of 540

Go to solution

The 1st Championship game of the season on Friday 4th August will be live on Main Event. That is as far as Skys advance listings go at the moment. Going forward I'd say EFL games would only be shown if Sky decide there is nothing bigger on at the same time.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 217 of 540

Go to solution

Hopefully BT can make their announcement early in the morning and put an end to all the speculation.

0 Ratings
dfel100
Contributor
Message 218 of 540

Go to solution

I think the mix of sports of will make the offer better... I only wish you could buy it when you have two boxes!

0 Ratings
gibbylinks
Aspiring Expert
Message 219 of 540

Go to solution

Not happy... just had e-mail from BT. They are putting the price up

"20 August 2017, the price you pay for Sky Sports Main Event will be going up by £6.50 per month"

"£33.50 for High Definition (HD) Sky Sports Main Event"

So I'm losing a channel until the Premier League starts and then it'll only be part time. But they are putting the cost up.

Not a happy bunny.

Hang on this is a bit misleading.

"As a BT TV customer you’ll still get the live Premier League games shown on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League this season. You can look forward to lots of brand new sport with Sky Sports Main Event. Sky Sports Main Event will be home to the biggest and best sporting events from across Sky Sports including the Premier League, England Cricket, England Rugby Union Internationals, The Open Golf, and much more."

Have I misread this, are we gaining a channel ?  Perhaps a moderator could clarify.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Willmeister87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 220 of 540

Go to solution
Ha ha, there was us wondering a reduction for less content! Silly us there's a massive price hike! BT need to realise that not every football fan supports a Premiership side! Still think it is Sky driving that price, but it is an outstandingly bad decision by BT not to take the hit on the price. Will go to Now TV and for the same price get all 10 channels.
0 Ratings