Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LesC
Expert
Message 221 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

I've had no emails from BT regarding Sky Sports rebranding unless this is because I'd recently recontracted for 2 years.

Hovwer, surely we should all receive notification from BT clarifying any changes to content being offered and price changes?

0 Ratings
andystockbvb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 222 of 540

Go to solution

£33.50 is a dreadful price for 1 channel. **Edited By Mod** I intend to use now tv weekly passes from now on.

Sounds like Sky have completely screwed BT over.

0 Ratings
Johnmcg90
Message 223 of 540

Go to solution

They have got to be having a laugh!!

Just read my email and price is increasing by £6.50 a month for a lesser service. Now £34 a month in HD. Takes my overall package to £107 a month.

Email tries to say that staying with BT is cheaper than Sky but I gave just phoned them and been quoted £85 a month for 12 months with SkyQ including second box, sports and movies, unlimited fibre and landline. I have two months left on BT contract then I am out of here!!

BT should be ashamed of themselves around their handling of this debacle.

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 224 of 540

Go to solution

I'll wait to see if I get an email. Even though I've recontracted for two years I expect to be able to cancel the Sky Sport subs and will probably use NowTV too - the app works very well on my TV.

Really think we need something official form BT on this

0 Ratings
Michael1812
Aspiring Contributor
Message 225 of 540

Go to solution
I was on the fence if I was going to keep it but I was waiting to see if the price went down. Never would have thought they'd take away sky sports 2 and 5 then raise the price.

Time to get rid of sky sports and I'll need to decide if I get rid of all my BT services.
0 Ratings
layman72
Contributor
Message 226 of 540

Go to solution

Not had an email yet but I've already decided to get rid of my Sky Sports on BTTV.

£33.99 is a joke. It must be close to triggering the attemtion of OFCOM.

Daily or weekly NOW TV passes for me. I am more than happy with the picture quality via Apple TV. 

I will also ditch my BTTV contract and watch BT sport via the app.

@andystockbvb wrote:
£33.50 is a dreadful price for 1 channel. When you get all 10 channels no now tv for £31.99 a month. I intend to use now tv weekly passes from now on.

Sounds like Sky have completely screwed BT over.

0 Ratings
Willmeister87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 227 of 540

Go to solution
I'd be amazed if BT don't take this to OFCOM. As someone said earlier on this thread, the only loser in this whole debacle is the customer.
0 Ratings
layman72
Contributor
Message 228 of 540

Go to solution

I take it that those of us in a 30 day rolling contract for Sky Sports 1&2 can cancel immediately?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
GerryMc
Contributor
Message 229 of 540

Go to solution

Email received with confirmation SD is up £5.50. Only BT can make it sound a positive. I appreciate this charging structure is down to Sky, but a small apology from Libby in the email for the 25% increase wouldn't have gone amiss. Hopefully link works. 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59480/?s_cid=con_FURL_help/channelchanges

0 Ratings
layman72
Contributor
Message 230 of 540

Go to solution

Just cancelled over the phone. I politely argueed that BT did not hold me to 30 days notice and they agreed. Happy with BT Sport and Eurosport on BT TV and NOW TV day/week passes from now on as only interested in occasional events.

0 Ratings