Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 261 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

What sticks in the throat a bit is the line from BT that the price increase and the Sky Sports Main Event/Sky Sports Extra "change is happening across all TV providers" which simply isn't true

That was also the phrase I called out as a lie when it first briefly appeared when the hurried initial announcement was made. This is not happening across all providers, only on BT TV. S**, T*** T***, and V***** (censoring myself) have the full suite of channels. We get one channel as I refuse to count Extra as a channel, its a filler, a sort of red button offering if you like.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 262 of 540

Go to solution
Sky Sports Main Event claims to show the biggest live event of the day.....one day in and the T20 Blast match is not being shown. Instead, amongst other programs we have best Premiership goals of 2016/17. I can not help but think this is all a big stitch up by Sky, this game was down to be shown on the old SS2 channel!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 263 of 540

Go to solution
Wasn't aware of the changes until today when the old SS channels disappeared and replaced with these new ones. Just now read the BT email sent yesterday at the last minute (good work there!). Came to see the comments here and especially registered just to add my dissatisfaction to the thread.

Not happy, looking at the content today it was utter junk with one active channel and now with the insult of paying even more.

Cancelling now and most likely moving to Now TV for Sports. No recording is a bind, but as rightly mentioned usually watch stuff live. They do often repeat stuff/events in any event.

Should imagine there will be others thinking similar.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 264 of 540

Go to solution
I've just cancelled and told the guy how unhappy I was.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 265 of 540

Go to solution
Hi all,

Don't bother subscribing to NowTV though, the picture quality is appalling. Buffers every 3/5 seconds. I don't think I've ever seen a stream so bad despite being a wired connection and download speed of 74mb. After half an hour I asked for my money back.

So hacked off what we have lost as BT customers. I'm not being held to ransom and paying £33 for one channel. Looks like no Skysports for me this year. BT and Sky need to sort their act out for the sake of the customer and OFCOM seriously need to get involved here.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 266 of 540

Go to solution
I use NowTV cast from my Android tablet to a Chromecast dongle and it streams just fine with only the occasion glitch needing it to be restarted.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 267 of 540

Go to solution
If you go their forums, you'll see there are plenty of others who are unhappy with the quality of their streams for sport.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 268 of 540

Go to solution
Look at all the people cancelling their Sky Sports. When Sky complain about illegal streams, they should look at what they have done here as they'll have no one but theirselves to blame.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 269 of 540

Go to solution

@Willmeister87 wrote:
Hi all,

Don't bother subscribing to NowTV though, the picture quality is appalling. Buffers every 3/5 seconds. I don't think I've ever seen a stream so bad despite being a wired connection and download speed of 74mb. After half an hour I asked for my money back.

So hacked off what we have lost as BT customers. I'm not being held to ransom and paying £33 for one channel. Looks like no Skysports for me this year. BT and Sky need to sort their act out for the sake of the customer and OFCOM seriously need to get involved here.

Sadly I think you may be right - I'd only used the NowTV app on my TV to view shows on catch up which works fine but just tried watching a couple of the entertainment channels live & same here - buffering not so badly as yours but every 5 to 10 minutes. TV is connected via wifi to Home hub about 5 m away in same room & checking wireless speed on my mobile held right next to TV gives me 60Mbps + whereas NowTV say speed of 2.5 Mbps needed! I have a NowTV box somewhere so i'll try connecting that tomorrow to see if it's any better but if not I'm in a pickle.

Had just recontracted phone/broadband/TV to BT for 2 years so I guess I'm stuck with BT until then at which point I'll reluctantly switch everything to Sky or Virgin.

What really hacks me off is that BT offer no explanation for this debacle other than an email at 15:47pm on the day before telling me I'll be paying £6.50 more for one channel less than I had previously.

As you say, hope OFCOM do get involved with this. I'll try phoning to see if I can be let out of my contract as they've made changes to my service that I was not told about at the time.

I've always defended BT in the past but no longer; this is the final straw & I've had enough.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 270 of 540

Go to solution
Yeah when I watch on demand things on NowTV picture is a solid 720p, but streaming live tv is incredibly bad. Will probably look to go to SkyQ when they start delivering it through broadband. Like you I don't want to, but if BT can't provide the right content at a reasonable price I'll have to go elsewhere.
0 Ratings