Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LesC
Expert
Message 291 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

@david1982 wrote:
It's the same thing on Sunday. With SS1 and SS2 we would have The Open on SS1 and the ICC women's cricket final on SS2. That's nowhere to be seen now. When I see TT TV offering all eight SS channels for £8.50 for 18 months the BT offer of one channel for £33.50 falls some way short of economic sense. I'll probably give it a go for a month or so, but if nothing changes will cancel Sky sports after that.

It's madness  & yet BT are trying to say it's nothing to do with them! Also, you can get 4 BT Sport channels on Sky for £27.99 ie £3.50 per channel  but we get only 1 Sky Sport channel on BT for £33.50 – nearly 10 times more expensive per channel. It TT can provide all the SS channels, I cant see that BT can't - for some reason they don't want to.

As I'd mentioned earlier on this thread unfortunately I found live channels on the NowTV App on my TV rather unstable but will try connecting my old NowTV box again to try that. Particularly as NowTV have just sent me a free 24 Sky Sports day pass!

0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 292 of 540

Go to solution
Make sure you hav one of the black boxes, they are far superior to the old white ones in terms of picture quality.
0 Ratings
andystockbvb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 293 of 540

Go to solution
Found a provider which has all the Sky Sports and BT Sport channels, very fast broadband and line rental for £75 per month.
0 Ratings
Michael1812
Aspiring Contributor
Message 294 of 540

Go to solution
Where? That is less than I pay BT but you get much more.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
clique-al
Contributor
Message 295 of 540

Go to solution

It looks like it's "VM" price for 12 mths, thereafter then £100+.........

0 Ratings
andystockbvb
Aspiring Contributor
Message 296 of 540

Go to solution
Problem is that provider is not yet available in my area, although will be soon as thier installing fiber to premises instead of to cabinet like BT.
0 Ratings
Martin_Gibson
Contributor
Message 297 of 540

Go to solution

@MadRob wrote:

Just saw the epg for this Saturday on Main Event. What a mess! 

The Open live 8am-10.30am + 3.30pm-8pm so missing a whopping 5 hours of live coverage so they can show 2 football friendlies. At 8pm they have the 2nd half of a GAA match (complete 1st half not on Main Event) and following that its the last 2 hours of what is 4 hours of World Darts!!!!!

If Sky Main Event is going to show a meaningless pre-season tournament that is really glorified friendlies ahead of 5 hours of the 3rd day of the Open, then it is hard to see what will rank ahead of Premier League football on Main Event. Maybe Formula 1 but I'm not sure how much overlap Grand Prix have with matches kicking off at 1:30 and 4 pm.

The link below shows what is on Sky Sports and on which channel. You can search by sport, competition or team. Main Event is only given to the end of August, but it looks as if English football takes precedence over England international cricket. All Premier League and English Championship matches in August are given as being on Main Event, although some overlap with Test Matches. The only Scottish ones on it are the two on the first day of the season, when there are no Premier League matches,

No Formula 1 is shown as being on Main Event at all, but that is wrong: the BT epg shows that Practice Session 1 is on from 8:45 to 10:55 am on 28 July. On 29 July the cricket does not start until 2:30 pm, but there is nothing given as being on Main Event before that. The page linked also gives start but not finish times for programmes.

It could be that the only use of Sky Sports Extra will be to show a second Premier League match on the last day of the season!

http://www.skysports.com/watch/sport-on-sky

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 298 of 540

Go to solution

@Martin_Gibson Youview search currently shows the Hungarian Grand Prix as scheduled  on SSME on Sun 30 July from 12:30 to 3:30pm.

the search also shows that the SSME test cricket on Saturday29th  is from 2:30-5pm

the search then shows that the All-Ireland GAA Football SFC Qualifiers Round 4B is on from 5pm-7pm.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 299 of 540

Go to solution

I reckon they will favour Championship football on Saturday evenings over anything else to keep it in direct opposition to BT's live EPL game.

0 Ratings
PBS83
Aspiring Expert
Message 300 of 540

Go to solution

@Martin_Gibson wrote:
If Sky Main Event is going to show a meaningless pre-season tournament that is really glorified friendlies ahead of 5 hours of the 3rd day of the Open, then it is hard to see what will rank ahead of Premier League football on Main Event. Maybe Formula 1 but I'm not sure how much overlap Grand Prix have with matches kicking off at 1:30 and 4 pm.

The link below shows what is on Sky Sports and on which channel. You can search by sport, competition or team. Main Event is only given to the end of August, but it looks as if English football takes precedence over England international cricket. All Premier League and English Championship matches in August are given as being on Main Event, although some overlap with Test Matches. The only Scottish ones on it are the two on the first day of the season, when there are no Premier League matches,

No Formula 1 is shown as being on Main Event at all, but that is wrong: the BT epg shows that Practice Session 1 is on from 8:45 to 10:55 am on 28 July. On 29 July the cricket does not start until 2:30 pm, but there is nothing given as being on Main Event before that. The page linked also gives start but not finish times for programmes.

It could be that the only use of Sky Sports Extra will be to show a second Premier League match on the last day of the season!

http://www.skysports.com/watch/sport-on-sky

Sky Sports Xtra won't just be used on the last day of the season... I think you will find it used a fair bit more than that.

The first example being on Sunday 27 August when West Brom v Stoke will need to be accessed via Sky Sports Xtra for BT customers because Main Event will be showing live England v West Indies cricket coverage. The cricket coverage will finish (for BT customers; continuing for other viewers on Sky Sports Cricket) at 3.30pm when Main Event will shift focus to Liverpool v Arsenal.

0 Ratings