Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 301 of 540

Re: Sky sports rebrand

Go to solution

So it would appear that the only sport we're guaranteed to get is Premiership Football whereas befor we'd get say the premier league football on SS1 and test cricket on SS2.

This really is a disgrace - making subscribers pay £6.50 per month for one less channel. I just don't believe that BT had no other options; other providers are able to show more Sky sport channels for less than BT do for one single channel. That's what BT have chosen to offer their customers. Time will tell if they've shot themselves in the foot with this one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 302 of 540

Go to solution

We have indeed been sold a pup.

Before Sky changed their Sports line up:

Unmissable action on Sky Sports 1 & 2

Sky Sports 1 shows almost all of Sky’s coverage of the Barclays Premier League as well as live games from the Sky Bet Football League and Capital One Cup. On Sky Sports 2 you’ll find live International and Domestic Cricket along with coverage from the NFL, the European Rugby Champions Cup and much more. 

Post change:

Sky Sports Main Event will be home to the best and biggest sporting events from across Sky Sports, in one place. This includes action from the Premier League, England Cricket, England Rugby Union Internationals, the ATP Tennis Finals, The Open, and much more

Stew

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 303 of 540

Go to solution
I wonder if Sky Sports will be removed altogether from BT TV soon? On the BT website, new TV customers cannot add Sky Sports to their order anymore (the option was removed over a week ago).
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 304 of 540

Go to solution

@Milhouse wrote:
I wonder if Sky Sports will be removed altogether from BT TV soon? On the BT website, new TV customers cannot add Sky Sports to their order anymore (the option was removed over a week ago).

That would make sense of the recent price hike/reduction in content. Perhaps it is BT's intention to discourage exisiting customers from continueing to subscribe too.

Seems an odd move though; I'm sure many people like to get their TV package from just one provider.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 305 of 540

Go to solution

Just been watching The Open. At 8 pm they announce that coverage will continue on the Golf Channel but here on the Main Event we change to coverage of the Super League. 

Sky Sports Main Event on BT is suitable for Premier League only.

Stew

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 306 of 540

Go to solution

@StewM wrote:

Just been watching The Open. At 8 pm they announce that coverage will continue on the Golf Channel but here on the Main Event we change to coverage of the Super League. 

Sky Sports Main Event on BT is suitable for Premier League only.

Stew

When all is considered, it's effectively been created primarily for BT customers because there really isn't much point in it otherwise. Sky, Virgin and TalkTalk customers have access to the stand-alone channels and on Sky, Main Event is only available with the full Sky Sports package. Offering the channel to BT fulfils the requirement of making Premier League football available and they can also claim to be offering a range of other sports, including England cricket. It's nothing more than the latest move in a nauseating game between Sky and BT. If there was any justice, they would both just sit themselves down and reach some middle ground because the only loser is the customer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 307 of 540

Go to solution
It's all a complete joke, end of!! 😡😡
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 308 of 540

Go to solution

Folks - how do you cancel the SkySports bolt on online ? If I go through "Manage Bolt Ons" the only option I get is "No Thanks" there's no "Cancel" option.  Only added it a month ago, been billed for it so it's definitely on my account.

Thanks !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 309 of 540

Go to solution

Sky are just not happy that a rival company like BT has come along to try and take them on.

Sky just seem to want there own way at times in my opinion.

I know BT is not 100% perfect but I would rahter be with BT than Sky.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 310 of 540

Go to solution

I think that the website isn't fully updated at present, but Sky Sports Main Event is displayed as on sale at https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/add-tv/. It's also on sale to all Infinity/TV customers, per the FAQ's; and it's also on the order/checkout pages- currently with the Sky Sports 1 & 2 logos, but the text states:

Sky Sports Main Event SD £22.00

Sky Sports Main Event showcases the biggest and best sporting events from across Sky Sports including the Premier League, England Cricket, England Rugby Union Internationals, The Open and much more.

From 20th August the price for this service will be £27.50 a month.

Sky Sports Main Event HD £27.00

Sky Sports Main Event showcases the biggest and best sporting events from across Sky Sports including the Premier League, England Cricket, England Rugby Union Internationals, The Open and much more.

From 20th August the price for this service will be £33.50 a month.

@Milhouse wrote:

0 Ratings